myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally reinerehlers, we got some great synergy in outlook. I couldn't agree more.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't agree more, but go back and read what you wrote to Bard and the assignment of blame to politics. Your leaders have taught you well. This is what I am amazed at, the blame game. Why?

Are politics really at the root of everyone's fortune or misfortune? Does it play a roll? Yes, but come on, enough with political assignments of woe. It's getting ridiculous and your government is providing a classic example of that. They hold the wedge and you all line up to pound it deeper and deeper.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, Incomes continue to fall.

College IMO should be market driven. No more philosophy majors at Cal State, on a student loan. Really, can't a guy just read Plato? Engineering? Yes a student loan. Hard science, yes student loans. Have you seen some of the degrees of people working at Starbucks? You chat with them and they have $60k in loans, with a degree in anthropology from Timbuktu.

Hey, I'm one to speak, I got a music degree before my MBA, but only had $7k in loans when I got out.

An interesting fact. In a recent survey, 40% of adults didn't know what party Obama was in.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends has a PhD in Philosophy from Yale. He runs a construction company...makes more money than I do. Took out a loan too. Best dude I know to kick back on my deck looking at the mountains, drinking a Pinot and BSing. The education did not go to waste! Your world, Bard, could suck!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incomes continue to fall but expectations continue to rise. Cell phones, leased cars, internet service, cable t.v., PVR, fast food, Starbucks, snacking....financing wants and complaining about the cost of needs. I see it with my business all the time. It's amazing what people will finance, and then stick their kids in day care for.

Read / Listen to Dave Ramsey some time.. He still makes a whole lot of financial sense. He has some pretty interesting statistics on debt and student debt.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so Rein. Household debt was 85% of GDP in 2008 and is now 67% of GDP. So, it looks like things are improving on that front. Yes, incomes are down and folks are dealing with it. Not just borrowing to buy the goodies. Money is tight and it is affecting consumer's debt carrying.

I agree that it seems like everyone has to have everything. But, apparently, that is getting to be less the case.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that your economy is improving. When I was last at Silver Lakes Michigan sand dunes I spoke to a lot of people in trades who couldn't believe that I was busy in my line of work, especially since it is a niche in the market. They had some pretty sad stories to tell which I could relate to from the recession late 80's / early 90's. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That was around the time that Obamacare was being introduced. Since I was running Ontario plates on my buggy I had a lot of curious people inquiring about our health care system. I was amazed at the amount of false information and lack of information regarding our system.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame? What do you mean? I was just noting some facts.

As I recollect, the Republican nominee for president, Mitt Romney, at an exclusive fund raiser talking about the 47% paying little or no taxes and looking for goodies or support from the government. Romney wasn't the only Republican running on that message, not by a long shot. Bard commonly talks negatively about folks that depend on government handouts and have no incentive to make it on their own.

Regarding Republicans and low cost student loans, not that long ago Republican were negotiating for increasing the rates on government loans, whereas Democrats were negotiating to keep loan rates stable a existing rates.

Where I felt we had some synergy was with regard to the adverse impacts of money in politics. More recently, I've been clear that the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision was a terrible one. I think that most folks know that our elected official spend far too much time pandering for election money. I can also say that I really didn't have any problem with the IRS screening requests for tea party organizations, or liberal politically focused organizations for non-profit status.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
SB,

You want to cool it with the sensible folksy anecdotes? It's interrupting the flow of hatred towards the "hater" party.
I bet you consider the southern poverty law center a hater party... really interesting of you Faux false equivalency, and you do not understand it..

http://www.splcenter.org/

BTW it may have gone over your head but mac was bringing in the actual quote that I had appropriately adjusted to this situation tying in the hatred of the right wing of not only killing, but the fact that the right wing welcomes and wants the KKK types within their party. I stated "when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard." with the thread media ownership of the right... and mac caught specifically what I was referring to. yes to you just a folksy anecdote that you just did not catch the meant context.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see mac, posts like this one is why I was curious, I like to know what's behind some people, not all, but some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 95 of 277

Jump to: