myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Two Shameless plugs for great customer service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlemmens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Two Shameless plugs for great customer service Reply with quote

So I broke my Maui Sails Carbon wave boom two days ago. I emailed the warranty department and they're already sending me a new boom. No company I've dealt with has been as good as Maui Sails with warranty stuff. So, in my opinion, that alone makes it an easy decision which boom to buy, not to mention how good the boom feels on the sail.
My other plug is for chinook masts. I won one in Baja and didn't really think I'd ever use it so I thought I would sell it. Before I sold it I found myself massless and I've been using it lately. It's not the recommended mast for my sail but it works really well. I pitchforked it on the rocks the other day and I though to myself 'there it goes, I'm gonna have to swim in' but it didn't break. Then I looked up how much they were and they're less than $400 for 90% which I think is a pretty good deal.
Maybe if you guys and girls have some companies or products you were pleasantly surprised by you can let people know here.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinook is the best company I ever did biz with in my life.
spennie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Chinook, also Sailworks & ProMotion.
wndsrfrmn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got to give props to the ladies at boardsports Very Happy . They handled a warranty return for me with no problems. Buy local and support the sport.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to promote .... check the sig Very Happy
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinook is the best! And I really like Aerotech, because they've fixed my board problems twice in the last 7 years. No questions, just honest service.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boardsports Girls get the two thumbs up.

Dave Ezzy really stands behind his product and have never had any issues with any Ezzy products.

Same goes for DaKine.
ccoate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion wetsuits! They always seem to provide great customer service from them since going to their store in the late 80's. Never any attitude.

Thank heavens for boardsports too! It's worth the effort to support the local business when possible, shopping online should be a last resort, imo.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

companies I've gotten great customer service from in the windsurf industry (in no particular order):

Isthmus sailboards
Ezzy
Hampton watersports, NY
chinook
makani fins
rogue wave (unfortunately no longer building boards, but I absolutely love the 102l Lee did build for me)
promotion (made me a custom suit with blue sleeves when they only had all black suits)

btw, these are not all of the companies I've dealt with in this industry.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kokatat replaced a $1,000 Goretex dry suit when it began to leak after several seasons of harness abrasion.

REI and NRS have incredible service. NRS (Moscow, Idaho; sells worldwide) could see I had barely used the leaky Goretex pants I had bought USED from them, and gave me a complete refund years later.

Northwave replaced, free, two of my sails with the model of my choice when, after months of use, I mentioned that I was unhappy with the model I had chosen.

DaKine has to be on the list for many reasons.

And not that it helps many of you, but it is sufficiently rare -- hell, it's unheard of -- that I must mention our local chain of McCurley automobile dealerships in the TriCities of eastern Washington. It provides truly outstanding and very reasonably priced service on their many brands. Their Honda dealership convinced Honda to pay for a $1,000 repair years after our warranty had expired on an Odyssey we had bought somewhere else, their Subaru dealership spent but didn't charge me for hours and parts reducing a whine in the radio on a used WRX I bought somewhere else, and their full oil change service is far more thorough than and 1/3 the price of that of the non-McCurley Ford dealerships. I'm not even going to shop for brands they don't carry, nor at any other dealerships, next time I buy a vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: