myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
News Flash...Mr Fick...5'9" 185 is NOT lean. Im 6'0" 184, and need to lose 8. Get real.

johnl wrote:
I'm 5'8 and 185 and don't consider myself lean. Lean was my bicycle racing weight of 160...... But I would be happy with 175 Cool

daviddk wrote:
ps "5'9", a very lean 185#”
puleeze! That about says it all.

This is a perfect example of you guys insisting that I type less, then hammering me with questions and doubt when I comply. As I said … I can support just about everything I type. For yet another example:
News flash: it's about body fat, not weight charts.
My last body fat immersion tests pegged my body fat at ideal, and I’m leaner now. If I lost Boggs’ 8 pounds, my body fat would be too low.

My last VO2max metabolic test placed me at the elite fitness threshold even before I began flat-out interval training @ 110% of my theoretical max heart rate.

My colon surgeon asked me to tense my abs for a post-op fitness evaluation, placed his hands on them, and when I complied he jumped back, shook his head, laughed, and said, “Sorry I asked”.

My PCP -- my personal physician -- insisted, “You can’t be on Medicare; you’re nowhere near old enough” … after I was on it for four years. She thought I was hardly 60, she said.

Literally dozens of people, including college kids 1/3 my age, have commented on my fitness and/or asked how I get so fit.

One of my gym trainers, who competes in various athletic and body-building events, told me my body fat level was perfect. She's hot, so I listened.

A retired basketball coach, my knee surgeon, and his lead assistant -- a weightlifting competitor and pro football team trainer -- told me that only my outstanding physical condition allowed me to walk, normally, without any pain, about 10 days after my ACL was severed, both menisci crushed, and my femur and tibia fractured.

My PhD board certified sports medicine PT said that in his whole career he had seen only one other patient my age use his hamstring tendon to replace his ACL, then he attributed that to my rare, for my age, fitness and activity level.

Well more than a dozen of my medical providers have stated verbally or written on my charts comments such as, “Remarkable musculature”, “Appears very fit”, “You look to be in incredible shape”, etc.

My U of Utah weight and fitness instructor told me as I pedaled furiously, “The ergonometer must be broken. My varsity football first stringers can’t do that” … only to step on the machine, admit it was working perfectly, just stare at me when I said I was more than twice their age, and demand to know how I got so fit.

A well-known brawler was pounding on my apartment door one night with a bigger buddy. I opened the door, he took one look, and quickly backed 20 feet away with his hands up defensively … and I wasn’t even angry yet. I was 45 years younger but virtually the same size as now ... just less stringy.

In college, my circumferential tape measurements (and I was in gymnastics and very solid) from head to toe matched or beat those of heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson, who was two inches taller than I. The same clothes still fit me reasonably well if I haven't eaten for a day or three, and my very solid chest is still much bigger than his; at that age mine was bigger than almost any heavyweight champ in history. Primo Carnera, at 54 inches, was bigger at 260 pounds.

Best of all, a hot secretary I didn’t even know, about half my age, told me at an office party that she’d love to see me with my shirt off; seems I’d played some lunchtime volleyball recently with my uniform shirt removed to keep it dry, and the word got around.

Do you guys want more? Do you not ever learn, after countless such responses to your cries of BS, that I can almost always back it up?

Your responses, of course, will be cries of narcissism, boasting, lies, too long, etc. I can’t win with you guys, so I may as well type whatever the hell I want to type -- as you do* -- and let the chips fall where they may. Is it any wonder why I get snotty sometimes?

* The difference is that I can support what I post with facts, logic, and/or additional information. Your cries of BS are not supportable, especially when applied to my personal life. I have too big an advantage: I was there. If you don’t really want more typing, you might consider not asking for it.

Look, I’m not ripped. I’m just very muscular from a lifetime of hard play, and people comment on it very often everywhere I go. Getting ripped takes far more dedication and motivation than I have, and the ab models we see in magazines look that way for photos, not in real life. That’s unhealthy, according to the trainers and patrons in my gym who compete in that business.

I’ve told you right here, many times, exactly how you can get to the same fitness levels as mine in less than a hour per week of frigging HARD labor. You’re welcome to bust my chops about it, but it’s your own damned fault if you’re outta shape and likely to die much earlier because of it.

Last edited by isobars on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merriam wrote:
Maybe they work for the NSA?

Good one. Maybe so ... except if they do, they're not very good at their jobs.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:
isobars wrote:
It began in my case when they (and I) learned my politics are right of center.....

Now Isobars, you know the above is not true, and in point of fact you said so yourself: "...back then I was apolitical..". There was a large segment of people you had pissed-off on rec.windsurf (when you said you were apolitical) and you got outright banned from NWWindtalk because many threads you got involved in turned into pointless arguments. I doubt anyone on that forum knew anything about your politics. I certainly didn't.

That -- the mid 90s, more or less -- is when I realized that politics actually mattered enough to buy a shovel, hip boots, and a respirator and dig into it. I've been sorry ever since, for several reasons.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a Jenny Craig infomercial. I agree with Isobars. The whole height / weight thing is a sham. A lot of it has to do with body type, muscle mass, bone density, etc.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of this reminds me of a TV show cross pollination of the following::

The Three Stooges

Gillian's Island

Americas got Talent

Petticoat Junction

Whats my Line

Candid Camera

The Man from Atlantis

He Haw

My Favorite Martian

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
castnoshadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars,

You appear to be in strong health and should count your blessings. I hope your knee heals up soon so you can get out and throw some spray next summer.

Do you consider yourself wise and/or getting wiser? I've always been told by folks older than me that wisdom comes with age. I'm not so sure I agree with this. What do you think? Are you wiser than you were 25 years ago?

JPbassking inquired about the $76 sandwich story, what's the skinny? That sounds funny, is it related to the hot secretary half your age story?
daviddk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch
After reading iso`s post re his super human strength are you starting to get an inkling of what type of personality you are dealing with? Wishing you had never brought this interview thing up? Trying to figure out a way to bow out of it gracefully? It`s OK, don`t feel bad, you didn`t know any better.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new forum guidelines posted today by geohaye, it will be interesting to see how well isobars fares under them. There's that old saying, "be careful what you wish for".

But, getting back to the main theme of this thread, I'm still waiting for isobars' responses to my two questions.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
But, getting back to the main theme of this thread, I'm still waiting for isobars' responses to my two questions.

Good luck with that.

Here is how Iso responded to my question:

"Do you REALLY think your stupid and presumptive (I never said all such events went to court) demands (I see no question of interest to Windsport) trump valid questioners and my other, MUCH higher, priorities?"

I wonder if Iso's response calling me stupid and presumptive would have been deleted under the new Forum rules?
KevinDo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your v02 max? I know mine was 75.8ml back when i was a sub 4 miler

Last edited by KevinDo on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25

Jump to: