myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few hundred Neanderthals and you have the audacity to put them on Mitt Romney's team? Baja, you've been hitting the tequila too often.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"College IMO should be market driven. No more philosophy majors at Cal State, on a student loan. Really, can't a guy just read Plato?"

Bard, here in America, I'm thinking that it should it be up to an individual to choose their course of study. A lot in life is being happy in your interests. Making government loans available for those in only certain courses of study just doesn't fit our way of life and our idea of freedom. I'm with coboardhead, there are a lot of folks with educational backgrounds outside science, engineering and mathematics that are very dynamic and successful in many different ways. Money isn't everything in life.

Kind of like you, I have a university degree in fine art. While my working career was in the aerospace business, I still value my education and the perspective it gives me. You might find it surprising, but most folks don't have anything more than a 8th grade education in art. That's because art isn't a required course of study after that.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"College IMO should be market driven. No more philosophy majors at Cal State, on a student loan. Really, can't a guy just read Plato?"

Bard, here in America, I'm thinking that it should it be up to an individual to choose their course of study. A lot in life is being happy in your interests. Making government loans available for those in only certain courses of study just doesn't fit our way of life and our idea of freedom. I'm with coboardhead, there are a lot of folks with educational backgrounds outside science, engineering and mathematics that are very dynamic and successful in many different ways. Money isn't everything in life.

Kind of like you, I have a university degree in fine art. While my working career was in the aerospace business, I still value my education and the perspective it gives me. You might find it surprising, but most folks don't have anything more than a 8th grade education in art. That's because art isn't a required course of study after that.

In my book education should be like europe, even doctors finish all schooling with no debt.

The student loan issue is just a new money shift to give states money from the federal government when they should be providing education for all from arts to business to teachers to the level they want for free.

Remember the hottest selling products from apple have huge designer team involvement. Designers typically have art degrees. The music used in advertisement to sell them were not written by business majors or engineers either.

Obviously that person that said we do not need art majors has never designed a real world product in their life. He must think that companies like apple that work with design firms are wasting their money.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another right winger who has his own radio and TV shows that are obviously so ultra political calling the so called media liberal and even blaming the so called liberal media for these events,

as noted on this thread no right wingers have posted anything that shows there is no question an absolute of such a bias, where I have shown countless methods that show it is dominated and controlled by the right wing and here is another he has shows with more viewers than liberals have. and radio is 95% plus ultra partisan right wing not even including religious partisans like him.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/07/22/562211/evangelical-leaders-blame-liberals-media-for-aurora-shootings-say-only-christian-victims-will-go-to-heaven/

Quote:
Newcombe is a spokesperson for Truth in Action Ministries, which has two nationally syndicated television programs and a combined audience of over half a million on television, radio, and the Internet. In a column in One News Now, Newcombe wrote that the shooting was evidence that “we’re reaping what we’ve been sowing as a society,” explaining, “Lawsuit after lawsuit, often by misguided ‘civil libertarians,’ have chased away any fear of God in the land.”

On the same radio segment, Fred Jackson, the host and director of the American Family Association, similarly blamed Hollywood, liberal media and churches for contributing to mass shootings:
I have to think that all of this, whether it’s the Hollywood movies, whether it’s what we see on the internets, whether it’s liberal bias in the media, whether it’s our politicians changing public policy, I think all of those somehow have fit together—and I have to say also churches who are leaving the authority of Scripture and losing their fear of God—all of those things have seem to have come together to give us these kinds of incidents.

Last edited by real-human on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some examples of a different nature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDZ8A3PhsH4&list=PL6A1AE952ADCB31FB
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Wilentz agrees with Baja Dean on this one:

Quote:
How has a faction consisting of no more than four dozen House members come to exercise so much destructive power? The continuing abandonment of professional responsibilities by the nation's mainstream news sources – including most of the metropolitan daily newspapers and the television outlets, network and cable – has had a great deal to do with it. At some point over the past 40 years, the bedrock principle of journalistic objectivity became twisted into the craven idea of false equivalency, whereby blatant falsehoods get reported simply as one side of an argument and receive equal weight with the reported argument of the other side. There is no shortage of explanations for the press's abdication: intimidation at the rise of Fox News and other propaganda operations; a deep confusion about the difference between hard-won objectivity and a lazy, counterfeit neutrality; and the poisonous effects of the postmodern axiom that truth, especially in politics, is a relative thing, depending on your perspective in a tweet. Whatever the explanation, today's journalism has trashed the tradition of fearless, factual reporting pioneered by Walter Lippmann, Edward R. Murrow and Anthony Lewis.

A press devoted to searching for and reporting the truth, wherever it might lead, would have kept the public better informed of the basic details of the government shutdown and debt-ceiling showdowns. It also would have reported seriously the hard truths of the Tea Party "insurgency," including how it was largely created and has since been bankrolled by oil-and-gas moguls like David and Charles Koch of Koch Industries, and by a panoply of richly endowed right-wing pressure groups like Dick Armey's FreedomWorks and Jim DeMint's Heritage Foundation. It also would have reported on the basic reason for the hard right's growing domination of the Republican Party, which has been the decay of the party at every level, including what passes for its party leadership. No figure exemplifies the problem better than the GOP's highest-ranking official, Speaker John Boehner, whose background and politics have largely escaped scrutiny.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/republican-extremism-and-the-lessons-of-history-20131010page=2#ixzz2hWxtjLX0

Of course what does he know, Professor of American History at Princeton, finalist for a Pulitzer Prize and winner of the Bancroft Prize for American History? You know, those egg-heads who actually check facts and subject their work to editing, not tweeting.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, I tried to read the Rolling Stone article that you provided the link for, but the link isn't working. The message is 404 - page not found.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just google Rolling Stone magazine. You don't have to register to use their site, and it has the current issue.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Sean Wilentz agrees with Baja Dean on this one:

Of course what does he know, Professor of American History at Princeton, finalist for a Pulitzer Prize and winner of the Bancroft Prize for American History? You know, those egg-heads who actually check facts and subject their work to editing, not tweeting.

mac, great find.....

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember how the right wing media ate this guy up and put him headlines all over, when he was not even a licensed plumber and not even a real businessman. and the rightys held him as their newest saint...

Well here is a recent quote and we do not see it in the headlines do we and this one is a duzer...

again if I owned the media I would have this front page and huge headlines....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/12/joe-the-plumber-racism_n_4090529.html

Joe The Plumber: 'Wanting A White Republican President Doesn't Make You Racist,' It 'Makes You American'

Quote:
Joe Wurzelbacher, more commonly known as Joe the Plumber, wants Americans to "admit" they "want a white Republican president again."

"Wanting a white Republican president doesn’t make you racist, it just makes you American," Wurzelbacher wrote on his website Oct. 10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 96 of 277

Jump to: