myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another great example of the right wing media

Here is a rare example that is crystal clear no interpretation needed... of a right winger who was a broadcaster obviously a right wing slanted one, why any media if it is only to make money would have a right winger being there without ballance in a very liberal area. If money was you ONLY object you give the people a similar mided individual.

But he was a partisan right winger and used it to run for office in a very liberal state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/us/rod-grams-minnesota-anchorman-turned-senator-is-dead-at-65.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131013&_r=0

Quote:
ST. PAUL — Rod Grams, a popular television anchorman who was one of the rare conservatives to be elected to statewide office in Minnesota, winning a seat in the United States Senate in 1994, died on Tuesday at his home in Crown, Minn. He was 65.

Quote:
After nearly a decade as lead news anchor at KMSP-TV in the Twin Cities, Mr. Grams ran for Congress in 1992 and ousted the Democratic incumbent. He won an open Senate seat two years later, but lost his re-election bid to Mark Dayton, who is now the governor of Minnesota.

Quote:
Kurt Zellers, a former speaker of the Minnesota House, said Minnesotans had probably never elected anyone more conservative than Mr. Grams to a statewide post.

Quote:
Mr. Grams was born on Feb. 4, 1948, and grew up on the farm where his father was raised in the eastern Minnesota town of Crown. He worked in broadcasting for nearly 25 years before he joined KMSP-TV in 1982.

and he even later bought media to control it...

Quote:
In 2004, Mr. Grams and his second wife, Christine — a former chief of staff in his Senate office — bought a group of radio stations based in Little Falls, Minn

keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article says he was a very popular anchorman.
People liked him well enough to elect him to office in a very liberal state.
To make money in the media you put popular people on stage until they stop being popular.
To lose money and go bankrupt, you put a politically correct lib who folks hate with a conservative who bores folks.
Then the viewers turn to another station with someone people like on the screen.

That popular person can get a great salary and invest it it something he knows, like the media business and be accused of wanting to control the media.
Or he can buy gold and be accused of trying to destroy the worlds currencies
Or he can buy oil stacks and be accused of polluting.....
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The article says he was a very popular anchorman.
People liked him well enough to elect him to office in a very liberal state.
To make money in the media you put popular people on stage until they stop being popular.
To lose money and go bankrupt, you put a politically correct lib who folks hate with a conservative who bores folks.
Then the viewers turn to another station with someone people like on the screen.

That popular person can get a great salary and invest it it something he knows, like the media business and be accused of wanting to control the media.
Or he can buy gold and be accused of trying to destroy the worlds currencies
Or he can buy oil stacks and be accused of polluting.....

hahahahaha
it went way over your head. Again I just showed that there are PARTISAN right wingers with long careers in the so called only liberal media.

Can you give me a list of partisan liberals in the media. Lets start with Radio...

keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you say goes over the heads of us poor ignorant people on the ground.
We must seem puny and stupid from your perch high above us.
Remarks like that make you look arrogant.
I think you may be a good guy but that is not how you come off.
If you intend to show your superiority to us all carry on.
If you wanted to lighten up on us we will chat with you, but the history of this thread is about looking down on anyone who tries to engage you .
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Everything you say goes over the heads of us poor ignorant people on the ground.
We must seem puny and stupid from your perch high above us.
Remarks like that make you look arrogant.
I think you may be a good guy but that is not how you come off.
If you intend to show your superiority to us all carry on.
If you wanted to lighten up on us we will chat with you, but the history of this thread is about looking down on anyone who tries to engage you .
Yes, people do not know how I have had to go to child steps so many times on a thread with you. I am here to show how stupid some people are with what they say is a known, the media is liberal. with no facts to the other side to come to such a conclusion. , which sometimes I just have to point out how ignorant even some on the liberal side are, btw you are the first. I have not seen many liberals I am superior too, not one on this forum, but you may be the first... Thus I do not show a bias to repeated ignorance even on my side of the party. again I post backed up arguments, all you post is opinion that you have the right to express, and I just rip it to shreds with examples again.

When you spitefully incorrectly stated to someone what you believed my positions were was the last straw. Note on other threads I do not engage with you, i let you be.

I go through this with electronic vote fraud too. People on the left are just so vulnerable on the dangers of electronic voting. I could design a vote machine by myself without the help of any other person. And with the way machines are tested today I could steal ever single election and no one could catch it. A question I ask right wingers and people like you on that subject, would you trust any election if all the machines were made by a company owned by Michael More, Jane Fonda, Al Franken, Sorros, Rev Sharpton, Fidel Castro, Putin, the Bin Laden Family? If not why would you expect me to trust an election with machines that are all made by partisan right wing companies.

keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have pointed out how ignorant every person who has engaged you but seem unaware of it.
You have also mischaracterized the opinions of nearly all of us.
I did the same for you with some humor to give you a bit of an idea how you seem to those reading this thread.
Since yup don't get it you just insult.
Hey good luck Baja. Stay just as charming as you settle into talking to yourself.
Good luck with that.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
You have pointed out how ignorant every person who has engaged you but seem unaware of it.
You have also mischaracterized the opinions of nearly all of us.
I did the same for you with some humor to give you a bit of an idea how you seem to those reading this thread.
Since yup don't get it you just insult.
Hey good luck Baja. Stay just as charming as you settle into talking to yourself.
Good luck with that.
yes you are a troll by the definition. Once again you added not one fact to the debate. You are entitled to you opinions on the subject but your admitted intentional trolling says a lot about you. Yes your so called whit was noted and dismissed with me showing you can not add to a subject. As I have noted every time you go on one of these rants you are famous for. It only showed you still just can not back up your case. happy trolling...

Just so people know a bit more about you here is a thread I just read started by you. Hey we all have some kind of quirk. My sisters favorite is Belize she has been going there for 20 or so years. http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=221911#221911

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a former Fox producer quote. If I was the media owner and liked ratings you go after the number 1 rated and pick on them. Fox knows confrontation increases ratings and money. So you would hire a former employee for the dirt. And you would put front page issues like this all the time if you want to increase your market as proven by fox.

Quote:
One thing he said surprised him about working at Fox was how few of his co-workers bought into the "fair and balanced" idea.

"Even the true believers, the conservative producers, are like, 'Oh, yeah, we're here to dole out red meat to our conservative audience. We're not here to be fair and balanced. We're here to stir up the crazies, basically. We're here to stoke up anger in our conservative fan base and that's how we get ratings,'" he said.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if fox is so fair and balanced why did they engage in false and or misleading advertising of their own brand.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2057939/weeding-out-fake-reviews-online-takes-care-incentive.html#tk.nl_today

Quote:
A new book by NPR's David Folkenflik, called Murdoch's World, claims that Fox News engaged in " institutionalized astroturfing of the Internet" by using Fox employees using untraceable wireless connections to post pro-Fox posts online. One even used a dial-up AOL account. Another used 100 fake personas, according to the book.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?

Cool, you proved the media is conservative! Now what? You think you'll be able to get that stick out of your arse?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 97 of 277

Jump to: