myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
iWindsurf removing criticism of Isobars. Really
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full conversation, in context?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know you don't do that. Most of time, it's just lots of selected bullets taken out of context. Sometimes, there is as many as 10 of them, with each one followed by a rant of some sort.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 45 of the thread : the big lie " the media is liberal"

April16, 2013 After telling isobars to " drop dead" for something that pissed me of, I later learned of his battle with cancer and, felt like a worm, and so apologised for my statement. I then asked him if he could admit to being wrong, and in his own words, " 4 or 5 times in 20 years.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 of those 5 times was on a thread about a wetsuit and the gauge or guideline in the advertisement that rated its protection against the cold. I have to say that the conversation got drawn out and very heated before isobars "kind of apologized" in the end. Given the rarity of such events, I guess I was damn lucky to witness it. The virtual needle in the haystack.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arguing doesn't bother me, nor the constant fake facts.
I feel sympathy for folks who can't do research on the web.
Many of our ninth grade students have trouble with it too.
It is the personal attacks, mixed with telling others what they think.
I kinda like the comedy routine where Iso answers posts right after swearing he has long ago censored the poster and is glad he can't read their posts.
This clown show is reliably on stage every week. Watch for it.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from an 'away from it all', full of beans, and can't help chuckling . Laughing

Undoubtedly there are patterns in life, and, when squabbling and rancour (as distinct from just heated discussion) take over, one can't help feeling that any activity or enterprise is locked into that downward spiral of decline. Well I don't want to be a part of it. Bring on the action!

Now where's that mountain bike, and those wonderful mountains and Dales? Have missed them, and must make up for lost time. ( Before the next Ice-age begins!! Twisted Evil )
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a small percentage of the population that enjoy vigourous debate, the percentage that likes pissing contests is even smaller. And honestly, this place often stinks urine. I will never tell a newcomer to windsurfing to look at this forum because of this.

I come back because there is great information available, great debates too. Unfortunately, when a debate starts, I know that I will eventually need to sort out the personal attacks.

In my opinion, the moderators should take a stronger stance against personal attacks in general. Doing this would probably enhance the forum popularity on the long run.
chas5131

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every post in this thread makes this forum and windsurfing look bad.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailboarder wrote:
the moderators should take a stronger stance against personal attacks in general. Doing this would probably enhance the forum popularity on the long run.

I have lobbied incessantly for that since 1999 (>276 times, according to SEARCH), but be careful what you wish for. Take a look at the new forum guidelines at the top of the page, with particular attention to #17.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Back from an 'away from it all', full of beans, and can't help chuckling . Laughing

Undoubtedly there are patterns in life, and, when squabbling and rancour (as distinct from just heated discussion) take over, one can't help feeling that any activity or enterprise is locked into that downward spiral of decline. Well I don't want to be a part of it. Bring on the action!

Now where's that mountain bike, and those wonderful mountains and Dales? Have missed them, and must make up for lost time. ( Before the next Ice-age begins!! Twisted Evil )

just a comment: Iam pretty sure your are from the UK.
I follow the Boards forum, similar activity takes place there, must be something in the water, Scotch , Marmite, Fanta, Coke ..

I would prefer to have civilized banter, but when facts are continually distorted it difficult to remain on the fence

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: