myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infowars.com? Staged gutter news in my view. Why do you watch that kind of nonsense?

The real news is that Republicans irresponsibly pushed us into a government shutdown. Of course, Infowars would never highlight that fact for their audience. Doesn't that make you wonder what their real agenda is?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
CB, Maybe, but a simple 1 line law that said, you shall be responsible for your own wellbeing would suffice.. Laughing

Maybe the building code should just say "your building cannot fall down".

Traffic laws "don't crash"

Dang goment over reaching.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

And, since the Department of Education will go away, we can have a simple mandate:

"Lurn 2 reed an rite on ur own an gud,,,,,,,,,,, "
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
CB, Maybe, but a simple 1 line law that said, you shall be responsible for your own wellbeing would suffice.. Laughing

Many jurisdictions in Texas don't require building permits. They are booming, and as of yet, I haven't seen the Leaning Tower of Pizza.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Infowars.com? Staged gutter news in my view. Why do you watch that kind of nonsense?

The real news is that Republicans irresponsibly pushed us into a government shutdown. Of course, Infowars would never highlight that fact for their audience. Doesn't that make you wonder what their real agenda is?

That wasn't the point of the video. The point is how easily we are manipulated by the talking heads. You should watch what ever your news source is critically.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you mean Infowars' "critique" of Rachael Maddow? I wouldn't spend any time watching her either. 24/7 cable news, ideologically driven internet news or off-the-top right wing talk radio, what's the difference? Watching or listening to any of it says more about you and your apparent lack of discrimination.

Being a bit curious, I've spent some time watching or listening to this stuff that you've highlighted in your posts just to get a clearer picture of what you find interesting and worthy. How much time a day to you spend on this kind of nonsense? Believe me Bard, you could do far better. I find it hard to believe that you regularly load up on this kind of material, especially given its very twisted ideological nature. Even if you are a conservative in heart and mind, there is much much higher quality information available.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--you are too funny. While I tend to agree with Rachel Maddow on many issues, I find her repetitive and obsessive. I only watch her when you post something bashing her, or last night, when I watched a bit of her and a bit of Fox to see how the two sides were spinning it all.

You missed the point that everyone saw. The Republicans were trying to cherrypick the shut down so it hurt their enemies, not their friends--and then create media events out of it. Despicable, and part of their losing strategy. I don't need Rachel Maddow to tell me that--I can figure it out on my own.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your mainstream media
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 17, 2013
This Week's Magazine

Networks blamed shutdown on GOP in 41 stories --- 0 for Dems

By PAUL BEDARD | OCTOBER 17, 2013 AT 12:02 PM

Topics: Washington Secrets ABC CBS NBC Television

Republicans never expected to get a fair shake in the Big Three networks' coverage of the 16-day government shutdown, but the final tally of stories blaming the GOP is stunning: 41 stories blamed Republicans and zero blamed Democrats.

Nightly, 20 million Americans heard “a version of the shutdown story that could easily have emanated from Barack Obama's own White House,” said the new report from the Media Research Center.

The report, provided to Secrets, found that a total of 41 stories blamed Republicans for the shutdown. None blamed the Democrats. Another 17 blamed both sides.

In addition, those interviewed by the night news broadcasts by ABC, CBS and NBC whacked the Republicans by a six-to-one ratio, said the report.

“The broadcast networks invariably blamed Republicans for the impasse; spotlighted dozens of examples of how Americans were being victimized; and ran scores of soundbites from furloughed federal workers and others harmed by the shutdown — even as they ignored examples of how the Obama administration and Senate Democrats were working to make the shutdown as painful as possible,” said the report.

In some cases, the conservative media watchdog heard broadcast anchors blasting Republicans, who took the brunt of the punishment in public approval polls. One example: NBC anchor Brian Williams said on October 14, “This current showdown and this current government shutdown traces its history back to a determined core of GOP House members who are vehemently against Obamacare and were willing to shut down the government because of it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/networks-blamed-shutdown-on-gop-41-stories-0-for-dems/article/2537363
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--paddle on that African River. Paddle faster, the alligators are gaining.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NW...when Grover Norquist blames Ted Cruz for the shutdown, and people from his own party warned him not to do it, it doesnt take a rocket scientist( which I know you are not) to figure out who gets the blame.
On another note, the venerable DrudgeReport(NW's bible) has a headline stating that Salsa sales have overtaken ketchup sales...maybe a preamble to the upcoming immigration debate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 5 of 63

Jump to: