myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
You know it Boggs! I'm enjoying the Cruz rally in RE. Please let us know when to pile into TBT and GLD. I'm projecting a crash worse than 09 in Obama's last year in office.

The Oligarchs and crony capitalists are also enjoying falling wages combined with the ability to get healthcare off of their books.

BTW, why are Reits crashing, but ordinary Joe's real estate booming? This is troubling.

REITS are beyond interest rate sensitive. When the 10 yr goes from 1.60-2.60, margins compress quite rapidly. Then the outflows begin, then they downsize their portfolios, which lowers the yield, then the NAV's.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker said:
Quote:
You and me are currently paying for that uninsured young persons health care. If he buys ins. thats good.

What makes you think we are paying for these "young persons" health care? If they have the money to pay for 5K of insurance without subsidies, then they are being billed and are probably paying for any medical services they are receiving.

Those that we ARE paying for, we will continue to pay for because they will be receiving subsidies or will be on Medicaid. The ACA must have lots of $ from those not needing much in the way of medical care for it to survive. It looks to me like the ACA won't see much of those needed funds with the small penalties that are in place to encourage joining.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ye of little knowledge, or grasp of facts:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The average U.S. family and their employers paid an extra $1,017 in health care premiums last year to compensate for the uninsured, according to a study to be released Thursday by an advocacy group for health care consumers.

Families USA, which supports expanded health care coverage, found that about 37% of health care costs for people without insurance — or a total of $42.7 billion — went unpaid last year. That cost eventually was shifted to the insured through higher premiums, according to the group.

"I don't think anybody has any idea about how much they are paying because of the need to cover the health care costs of the uninsured," said Ron Pollack, the group's executive director. "This is a hidden tax on all insurance premiums, whether it is paid by business for their work or by families when they purchase their own coverage."

Don't trouble me with facts, I want some reason to hate Obama.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, just because someone doesn't agree with someone or a group doesn't automatically mean they hate them, or maybe that's just the way I see things.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are providing free healthcare to the uninsured and will continue for many.
Other uninsured people will get insurance. Even if subsidized, at least they put money in that we do not get otherwise.

The medical devices business has no present cost controls because the client cant say no.
A bag of saline that Medicaid pays $1.78 for was billed to me for $800.
They intend to put a 30% tax on such ripoffs and expose them to market forces to lower health care costs in general.
The key fact is that health care is being paid by the payers right now, and Obamacare does not increase that cost.
It is insisting on more money from those who now get their care free.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!!!!!
However this should have been done years ago, enough of this ruling class vs. us peasants BS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rand Paul pushes constitutional amendment
By BURGESS EVERETT | 10/21/13 4:42 PM EDT

Forget the Vitter amendment. Rand Paul wants to make sure that Congress can’t ever again write laws with provisions specific to lawmakers.

The Kentucky freshman Republican has introduced a constitutional amendment that would preclude senators and congressmen from passing laws that don’t apply equally to U.S. citizens and Congress, the executive branch and the Supreme Court. The amendment is aimed squarely at Obamacare provisions specific to members of Congress and their staffs that became a central point of contention during the government shutdown.

Under Obamacare, Capitol Hill aides and lawmakers are required to enter the law’s health exchanges and a summertime ruling from the Office of Personnel Management ensured they will continue to receive federal employer contributions to help pay for insurance on the exchanges. A number of lawmakers, specifically Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), have been pushing for the end to those contributions, arguing they amount to a Washington exemption from Obamacare. Vitter has drafted legislative language that would eliminate these subsidies and tried to attach the measure to an energy efficiency bill and pushed for it to be included in the government funding bill last week.

Paul seeks to go a step further and amend the Constitution so that “Congress shall make no law applicable to a citizen of the United States that is not equally applicable to Congress,” the executive branch including the president and vice president as well as the Supreme Court.

Paul told the Daily Caller in September that the amendment would take specific aim at Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, whose swing vote upheld the constitutionality of much of the Affordable Care Act.

“If he likes Obamacare so much, I’m going to give him an amendment that gives Obamacare to Justice Roberts,” Paul told the publication.

Amending the Constitution is no easy task, requiring super majorities in both chambers of Congress before going to the states for ratification. And Paul in particular will face the immense burden of trying to convince lawmakers that they should no longer have the authority to make laws governing Congress.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/rand-paul-constitutional-amendment-98625.html?hp=f1
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a great law, but sadly will not see the light of day. That is like saying, you can't steal money anymore because now you'll have to go to jail like everyone else. It might not even receive 100% Republican support.

I think the people of the United States would be overwhelmingly supportive of this though.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This woman must already be on Obama care.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/21/woman_nearly_faints_behind_obama_as_he_talks_about_obamacare.html
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ruling class in America and most places, is rich old and white mostly male.
The group that dislikes the ruling class most are college students, including the offspring of those very oligarchs.
That is why the Party that represents the rich, old,white male, and their news network, is not at all popular with the educated young.

I think NWs sentiment about the ruling class is usual among conservatives of our generation. Bard has said the same thing. I agree completely.

This is another cause for the GOP decline. Conservatives who dislike oligarchs like the Kochs, religious extremists, and poor white southern racists find themselves in the wrong party.
And find their leaders wasting a billion dollars on foolish behavior that every smart conservative begged them not to do.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The ruling class in America and most places, is rich old and white mostly male.
The group that dislikes the ruling class most are college students, including the offspring of those very oligarchs.

That is why the Party that represents the rich, old,white male, and their news network, is not at all popular with the educated young.

I think you just described just about every politician regardless of party. I wonder which party's politicians makes those same statements tongue in cheek? Your statement sounds like future material for Daniel Tosh's stand up routine. He is great at poking fun at this sort of hypocrisy and irony. I hear the greatest contributors to his "Fabresing the Homeless" charity are democrats. It's their bleeding hearts that can't resist such a noble cause.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWH516guqwU
OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG_eIsCHPs

I think the part you forgot is once those college students get a real job with real income they soon realise how much it hurts to sit down from getting reemed so clean of their earnings and that the graduated tax plan sucks the incentive out of their efforts. They soon wake up to reality after that shock sets in and the Preparation H stops working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 83 of 201

Jump to: