myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A perfect example of why we are screwed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Heh, for you to actually believe that about a "fake media", you'd have to believe that the vast majority of news viewers, who are viewing FNC, are totally duped by a "fake media". No other news outlet on the tube, comes close to the viewership that FNC has, no other network, not close.
So, is this country made up of mostly fools?

A study conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University found that viewers of Fox News are less informed than people who do not watch any news.

This FACT, plus your claim that more people watch Fox News than any other cable news source, portends a very sad state of affairs. That is, that many, many people are very ill-informed, and they acquire that misinformation or disinformation from Fox.

"The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly, a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all."

Or maybe they're just stupid.

Viewers of NPR are the best informed.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Good point but posts are angry and usually contain an insult.
You seem like an good guy.
Why the angry sounding ,sarcastic insulting posts nearly all the time now?
Congrats on your session. Wind has sucked here for weeks. Don't let anyone tell you it is always windy in Maui.

beaglebuddy's going to be pissed with this further hijack.

I hear you, been there lots, my parents lived there for 25ish years, so I'm always paying attention to my home away from home.
And it's been sucking there lately, and biting too, if you spend much time on the south side, ouch, that bloody shit's getting old.

Anyway, you sarcastically turned my original question around to mean something that wasn't intended, hence my response.

But, good luck with the Maui stuff, going to be there again in late Feb., I'll only go in the water along the north shore thank you, better odds on several levels (see avatar).
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I got to go WS'ing today, I'm far from angry.

Did you sail Arroyo Laguna today? Any surf?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best avatar I see anywhere?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that NW ignored the facts in his quest to argue that Fox represents journalism. When leaners are included, 94% of those who watch Fox are Republican. Did he also miss the fact that there is very little diversity in thought among his brethren? Dems watch multiple sources, and ignore Fox for the evident bias and role as Republican cheerleaders. Republican watchers can chant talking points--without any real understanding of the underlying causes and issues.

But he is so proud of that monolithic view. After all, 8% of the 55% watch Fox. Sit tight in your bubble of 4% NW, and pretend that the rest of the world doesn't understand statistics.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB, yes, but the surf was only about waist to shoulder high, very inconsistent, and very bumpy. I was on a 3.7 at 10:30 am, and gone by about 1:30.

kc, it's about the number of sharks on the north shore being a lot less, than the south side. I've given up on the south side water for anything without a boat.

mac, whatever you say, you're the teacher, btw, I also read the paper every morning. I really like the opinions that they run from the N.Y. Times all about the glories of Obamacare, and the dire warnings about global warming. Those are my favorite.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribe to the Times and have never seen those stories.
I have read news there about the mess The ACA is in almost every day, however.
I read other news there critical of Obama. They seem very fact based about his shortcomings.

Here some headlines from the papers on the floor.
Mon.Health Website still flawed.
Sun. -Race to rescue a health site and Obama- Slow to grasp portals problems the White House had to play catch up.

Which articles praising the ACA or warming were you referring to? I will look for it in the recycles.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked further back.
Last Fri.- Medicaid growth in ACA Could Aggravate Doctor Shortage.

Thurs-Hard Charger at Obama Side has hands Full. Chief of Staff Works to Salvage 2nd Term.

Same day-Another Delay for Health Law as Snags Persist

Wednesday - White House urges Caution on health Site. Likely to collapse.

Are you sure it was the NYT that you saw those articles? This Times has critical articles about Obama crowding the front page with more than one headline some days.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
...I also read the paper every morning. I really like the opinions that they run from the N.Y. Times all about the glories of Obamacare, and the dire warnings about global warming. Those are my favorite.

NW, don't pay any attention to those other guys. You have successfully confused them. They have their knickers in a twist.

They don't understand the kind of sarcasm that you and I use... we're experts, they're rank neophytes.

It was immediately clear to me that when you said "the glories of Obamacare," you were referring to Fox, not the NYT.

Very clever of you. Very Happy
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I looked further back.
Last Fri.- Medicaid growth in ACA Could Aggravate Doctor Shortage.

Thurs-Hard Charger at Obama Side has hands Full. Chief of Staff Works to Salvage 2nd Term.

Same day-Another Delay for Health Law as Snags Persist

Wednesday - White House urges Caution on health Site. Likely to collapse.

Are you sure it was the NYT that you saw those articles? This Times has critical articles about Obama crowding the front page with more than one headline some days.

KC...please dont confuse NW. If NW really read the NYT, as I do everyday, he would see how critical the paper has been on Obama. The NSA, the ACA website, the confusing agreement with Iran, Syria, immigration, and many other issues dogging his 2nd term. I doubt this would change an opinion that is set in granite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: