myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Do you....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does come across as a perpetuation of the same poor example set by politicians. I guess the leadership sets the example in more ways than expected.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It does come across as a perpetuation of the same poor example set by politicians. I guess the leadership sets the example in more ways than expected."

Actually, I believe that it goes beyond the politicians. It's really about the money and influence behind elections and politics. That's why the Citizen's United decision made by the US Supreme Court was such a terrible abomination of a decision. Frankly, I fault the right for promoting the whole problem, especially since it's the majority of right wing neo-conservative Supreme Court Justices that were behind the idea of unlimited money in elections and politics.

While it can be argued that both parties benefit from the decision, it's again the right that is pushing things to the far extremes. Hell, Republicans are eating their own in a race to see who the real conservative are. Even traditional conservative guys like Senate Minority Leader McConnell are wringing their hands about the tea party fanatics trying to take them down in the next election. You even have right wing talk radio wingnuts playing and duping poor folks in the red states by having them vote against their own interests. Add to that the extremists invading the internet with none stop nonsense that is being funded by special interest groups to deceive the public. It's a sad state of affairs.

Keep your eye on the disparity between the rich and the poor. I have no doubt that the wealthiest folks are the money behind the push to get the government out of their way. Bard would like you to believe that his list of liberals are the real problem, but frankly, I worry about the folks that want to strangle government. How many Republicans have signed Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge to starve big government? Where does the oil industry funnel the majority of their money to influence government and reduce regulations? One only has to look at Texas and Oklahoma, to include many of the Gulf states, to see what money and influence buys.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can understand the differences in opinion, too often this political exchange just seems like another form of bigoted prejudice leading to further divisiveness. In some ways I find there is an educational value to the commentary here but many times it seems the prime objective is as stated. I doubt most of us would have so much to say face to face. I know I wouldn't, and my business has made me a little more vocal to express dissatisfaction than I'm sure many would be comfortable with.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Americans are divided by our leaders.
It is the fake media.
We elected this poor leadership, they did not choose us.
We chose them because many voters are misinformed partisans because they listen to Talk and other fake media.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I don't think Americans are divided by our leaders.

Not what I meant. This was what I wrote ".... too often this political exchange just seems like another form of bigoted prejudice leading to further divisiveness" ...... More a comment about the type and tone of the exchange of opinions regarding politics.

A friend of mine made an interesting comment the other day. He stated that he thinks, "Americans put too much hope in their government actually fixing their problems."
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I just ask because, as stated before, this type of exchange seems not so common in my neck of the woods. The last three times I've been in the US I have overheard or have been asked to participate in some sort of political exchange.
I was in Las Vegas this last week for my 25th anniversary, and overheard some people having a not so polite exchange on political views over breakfast at Denny's. It just seems odd to me in a way. The people on the next table to me were German and they had an interesting opinion of Americans and this type of exchange. I don't think they realized I spoke German but it was interesting to listen in.

RR... we are brainwashed 24/7 by cable news, thats why when you hear an argument from someone, you most likley will hear the exact same argument again from someone else. I agree , it is weird..so be very wary when someone starts a sentence with...."dont get me started".
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution? Don't watch cable news or similiar media sources? I can't stand watching the news as I find it too depressing and the newspapers are just as bad. Maybe I'm sticking my head in the sand?

How about internet news?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjm7KDniRZo
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started Bitches, Cause I'm the only one that gets it right on this forum.....Kinda like that Southpark episode where God declared that the only religion that actually gets it right are the Mormons. Laughing

And.........for those of you who haven't drank REAL HUMAN BREASTMILK, you're not missing a thing.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more comments on Mandela Iso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: