myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nelson Mandela
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a white South African (who incidentally voted in the first non racial elections in 1994) I find this entire thread in poor taste.

Please stop posting in it.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
I do not believe that the right-wing attacks on Obama are racist. When I lived in Oklahoma, Clinton was attacked with the same level of vituperation and loathing. And I was in Texas during the Kennedy presidency, and heard the same sort of vitriolic attacks aimed at JFK. I believe this sort of demonization is inspired by hyper-partisanship, or, maybe more accurately, tribalism.

The left is not immune to the tendency to demonize. Nixon, Johnson and Cheny come to mind. However, I feel the tendency is less pronounced on the left, because the left ideology is more about social justice, while the right is more concerned about individual rights and responsibilities.

So, to the liberals who post here, I would say be cautious about when you invoke charges of racism.

To the conservatives who post here, I would ask that you consider Obama as a political opponent, and not as an enemy.
really, a 400% increase in threats vs any other president in the history of the usa... and this was before he even stepped into the office.

again the right wing party of the USA embraces the racists in their party. again a poll was taken in a southern state and close to 40% of the self identified conservatives said interracial marriage should be a jail-able offense.

If you think those two are not racism at their worst you are living in a world of denial or delusion.

Last edited by real-human on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a distortion of the point that Poinster was making! I guess whatever it takes for you to condone your hate mongering.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Wow what a distortion of the point that Poinster was making! I guess whatever it takes for you to condone your prejudice.
his point is his own...

But he did not take this information that I believe needs to be explained to make his thesis believable from my standpoint.

the right wing needs to disavow their racists in their party. To date they race bait.

Even Colin Powel a right winger has recently gone public and come out about the racism in the republican party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/colin-powells-gop-racism-critique-ben-stein_n_2482080.html

Quote:
As for Powell, thus far, he has stood by the comments he made on Sunday, leaving no room for misinterpretation.

"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Obam is primarily being demonized because he is a Democrat, as is Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. Consider the Swift Boating of John Kerry, the accusations that the Clintons were involved in drug running and the murder of Vince Foster.

But did those asinine accusations of the Clintons come from mainstream Righties or the lunatic fringe? The latter doesn't count. Much of this administration's more extreme demonization (not counting the fringes) comes straight from the lips, on tape, in full context, from Reid, Pelosi, and Obama.

I remain pretty well convinced, from his military combat and medical records and extensive testimony from his peers and field doctors, that Kerry's Swift Boating was justified by the body of evidence.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No what you did was take his eloquent statement out of context so you could further your hate mongering message.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
I find this entire thread in poor taste.

I hadn't looked at 10% of what I CAN see until your post, but ya made me look. I admittedly can see less than half the posts here, but I see little but honest politics being discussed mostly honestly (that is a major objective of my killfile) ... in a POLITICS forum. And even if it were dishonest or totally untrue, why must some people try to dictate what others discuss as long as it's doing no harm?

Shouldn't you just not look, or at least tell us why we shouldn't post and persuade us to STFU? Does the self-described "party of tolerance" have to dictate everything?

Last edited by isobars on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
pointster wrote:
Obam is primarily being demonized because he is a Democrat, as is Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. Consider the Swift Boating of John Kerry, the accusations that the Clintons were involved in drug running and the murder of Vince Foster.

But did those asinine accusations of the Clintons come from mainstream Righties or the lunatic fringe? The latter doesn't count. Much of this administration's more extreme demonization (not counting the fringes) comes straight from the lips, on tape, in full context, from Reid, Pelosi, and Obama.

I remain pretty well convinced, from his military combat and medical records and extensive testimony from his peers and field doctors, that Kerry's Swift Boating was justified by the body of evidence.
for Kerry, ever single person that served under him except one person stood with him ... to me to have right wingers standing with him except for one is a testimony in itself.

Second and even more important is I heard a guy call in on a radio show who said the swift boaters were making him feel bad about his service. He said he served in Nam but he started on an air craft carrier as the person stocking the soda machines and when he left he was in charge of those who were stocking soda machines and he only did one tour. Yet Kerry who served his first tour of duty not on the front lines. And Kerry who could have gone home as his service to America was done. But Kerry signed up for a second tour of duty. And he volunteered for the swift boats which was one of the if not most dangerous tours for someone in the navy. That this called said made him ashamed to say he served vs what Kerry did and was not being recognized for.

as far as the charges by the right wing idiots of the clintons, remember they got one independent council who was a right winger, and he found no wrong doing. That was not good enough and the right wing got a second real partisan one to work on it, and he was rewards with pay of millions of dollars and later a amazing cash job at a right wing university. this is coming from the right wing central.

pointster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last try at this:

From Roosevelt thru Kerry, white Democratic Presidents and candidates have been the subject of vitriolic personal attacks by the far right. Now Obama is the subject of vitriolic personal attacks by the far right. My thesis is he is being attacked because he is a Democratic President.

I think they call that inductive logic.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
As a white South African (who incidentally voted in the first non racial elections in 1994) I find this entire thread in poor taste.

No matter how long you have been here (LC), welcome to the USA.
We have a way of speaking our minds here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: