myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Obama's Epic Failures Reply with quote

Obama had another tough year of failures and needs another Hawaii vacation where his entourage will party like rock stars....

Failures include:

$100 million Africa vacation
91 million Americans out of work
More Americans on food stamps than at any time in history
$17 Trillion in debt
$100 Trillion in unfunded liabilities
China confronting our warships
Russia harboring Snowden
NSA Meta data
Iran going nuclear unfettered
Obamacare destroying healthcare
Shaking hands with Castro
Taking selfie at Mandela funeral
Most people out of the labor force in history
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HEALTHCARE PLAN IN YOU WANT TO

Obama has never signed a paycheck, run a company, or been in the military, and you wonder why he's been a failure?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect anything original from Bard:

http://obamalegacy.org/

A right wing hit site? Truth?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lying to our face about past lies. ("What I said was ..." ... No, you said nothing of the sort.

Being clueless ... AND ADMITTING IT ... about Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the IRS being systematically used as a weapon against your opponents EVEN TODAY, and so much more.

The Apology Tour.

Setting Middle East respect and/or fear of the U.S. back by decades and letting Russia/Putin steamroll us.

Bowing to eight dictators including the Saudis.

It just goes on for pages, most of it caught on tape.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...you may consider him a failure, I'm happy for you, I do not. In regards to Snowden, or the NSA, or China confronting warships, or the debt trajectory...I certainly wouldnt blame Obama for those. I also wouldn't give him credit for the greatest rise in equity/credit markets , maybe in history. Hoover was a failure, Nixon was a failure, Carter was a failure, W was a failure....+125% is NOT a failure.
BTW-The Fed has started to pull in the reins, a/o TODAY. The DOW is up.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard can't decide whether Snowden is a hero, or another example of Obama's failures. It would be nice to have a thoughtful conservative critique of Obama, along with alternatives that were suggested as positive alternatives. I'm not holding my breath. But on Bar's ad hominem TSA attack:

Quote:
Russia harboring Snowden
NSA Meta data

From Ryan Lizza in the New Yorker:

Quote:
In Washington, Snowden’s subsequent leaks created the most intense debate about the tradeoffs between national security and individual liberty since the attacks of September 11th. The debate will likely continue. According to Feinstein, Snowden took “millions of pages” of documents. Only a small fraction have become public. Under directions that the White House issued in June, Clapper declassified hundreds of pages of additional N.S.A. documents about the domestic-surveillance programs, and these have only begun to be examined by the press. They present a portrait of an intelligence agency that has struggled but often failed to comply with court-imposed rules established to monitor its most sensitive activities. The N.S.A. is generally authorized to collect any foreign intelligence it wants—including conversations from the cell phone of Germany’s Chancellor, Angela Merkel—but domestic surveillance is governed by strict laws. Since 2001, the N.S.A. has run four surveillance programs that, in an effort to detect terrorist plots, have swept up the contents of the phone and Internet communications of hundreds of thousands of Americans, and collected the telephone and Internet metadata of many more Americans. (Metadata is data about data. For telephone records, it can include numbers dialled, the date, time, and length of calls, and the unique identification of a cell phone. Internet metadata can include e-mail and I.P. addresses, along with location information, Web sites visited, and many other electronic traces left when a person goes online.)

Feinstein and Clapper insist that Wyden’s latest proposals would deprive the N.S.A. of crucial tools that it uses to disrupt terrorist plots. President Obama has been mostly silent on the issue. In August, he appointed a five-person panel to review intelligence policy, and the group is scheduled to issue recommendations by the end of the year. His decisions about what changes to endorse could determine whether his Presidency is remembered for rolling back one of the most controversial national-security policies of the Bush years or codifying it.

Wyden, who said that he has had “several spirited discussions” with Obama, is not optimistic. “It really seems like General Clapper, the intelligence leadership, and the lawyers drive this in terms of how decisions get made at the White House,” he told me. It is evident from the Snowden leaks that Obama inherited a regime of dragnet surveillance that often operated outside the law and raised serious constitutional questions. Instead of shutting down or scaling back the programs, Obama has worked to bring them into narrow compliance with rules—set forth by a court that operates in secret—that often contradict the views on surveillance that he strongly expressed when he was a senator and a Presidential candidate.

Anyone concerned about civil liberties has watched the burgeoning security state with alarm. It is right to criticize Obama for his lack of bolder actions, even though he has eliminated the blatantly illegal activities of the Reagan and Bush presidencies. It is, however, an example of poorly informed hating to summarize it, as Bard does, with "NSA meta data."

I just hate the hating.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
It is, however, an example of poorly informed hating to summarize it, as Bard does, with "NSA meta data."

I just hate the hating.

If you really hate the hating, then you should be disgusted with BHO's latest addition to his team, John Podesta.
Who's the real hater?
Sorry JP, insincere apology not accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obama adviser sorry for comparing GOP to Jonestown cult

Aamer Madhani, USA TODAY 1:23 p.m. EST December 18, 2013

John Podesta was just named as a new senior-level adviser to President Obama last week, but he's already ruffling Republican feathers.

In a profile published late Tuesday night by Politico Magazine, Podesta is quoted comparing Republicans to the infamous cult led by Jim Jones, who was responsible for the 1978 cyanide poisoning of more than 900 of his followers in Guyana.

"They need to focus on executive action given that they are facing a second term against a cult worthy of Jonestown in charge of one of the houses of Congress," said Podesta of what Obama's White House team faces. Jonestown was the informal name of the settlement founded by Jones and his American followers.

On Wednesday, Podesta apologized for his impolitic comment.

"In an old interview, my snark got in front of my judgment. I apologize to Speaker Boehner, whom I have always respected," posted on his Twitter account.

The Jonestown incident marked one of the most horrific mass killings in American history.

Rep. Leo Ryan, D-Calif., who had traveled to the settlement after receiving alarming reports of conditions at Jonestown from constituents, was shot dead by cult members as the congressman's delegation readied to fly out of Guyana with some members of the cult who wanted to leave. Current Rep. Jackie Speier, who was then an aide to Ryan, was wounded in the incident.

The author of the profile, Glenn Thrush, writes Podesta made the comment in an interview in the fall before Obama recruited the former Clinton administration chief of staff to join his team.

Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Republican House Speaker John Boehner, took offense with the Podesta comment.

"If this is the attitude of the new White House, it's hard to see how the president gets anything done again," Buck said.

Jenny Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, called Podesta's comments "despicable."

"Any man who is so historically ignorant as to compare millions of Americans who cherish freedom with the macabre and mass suicide at Jonestown is unqualified to hold any position of authority," she said. "We recommend Mr. Podesta read a book on basic American history."
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he just picked up on the Republican comment "lemmings in suicide vests."

I like a fighter, you righties are so fast and loose with the truth, and such bullies, that responses in kind are the only proper approach. I already know you hate everybody to the left of Attila the Hun.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there are no fighters on the right?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we go back to Obama the failure? On a day with the DOW +275, gold tanking, housing starts rocketing, the FED Tapering.....I thought the world would end if we re-elected the failure????
CORRECTION: +295....well well tea party geniuses, the FED is pulling the punch bowl....but the market doesnt seem too spooked.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, just watch as Republicans eat each other in the lead up to the November 2014 elections. When you think about it, Podesta isn't that far from the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 1 of 200

Jump to: