myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is fighting all of these regulations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
FDA doing a good job at regulations? Aspartame anyone?

This is confusing.

You obviously prefer fewer and less regulation. Is your point with this comment that we should have more or better regulations? Is your point that because something is under-regulated or poorly-regulated that we should have no regulations?

Or is your point that somebody stole your sugar donut this morning?

sounds like someone stole his donut hole at Tim Hortons he crawled out from... Also sounds like he wants his donuts both ways with and without a hole. There just is no other way to nurasweet coat it.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
FDA doing a good job at regulations? Aspartame anyone?

This is confusing.

You obviously prefer fewer and less regulation. Is your point with this comment that we should have more or better regulations? Is your point that because something is under-regulated or poorly-regulated that we should have no regulations?

Or is your point that somebody stole your sugar donut this morning?

Actually not fewer but perhaps enforced by those who are not concerned with, or influence by the bottom lines of the likes of big pharma or similiar.....have you watched the movie "Dallas Buyers Club"? If not, you should check it out. Very graphic, yet interesting account in the FDA's involvement / protection of big pharma.
Government regulations are fallible afterall. Let's not place too much blind faith in their motives or how they are handled or implemented. I think Bajadean has been making a similiar case for that, has he not. I'm simply stating as Bajadean has that there are sometimes ulterior motives attached. My comment was a cautionary one.

I don't recall crawiling out from under a Tim Horton's, but I do know that it's hard to take an obese man at the YMCA preaching about a healthy lifestyle seriously. It's hard playing chess when one can't reach around one's gut to make the next move. Are you capable or incapable of either? I have seen lately that you are, perhaps that is the better tactic. Checkmate?

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
...but I do know that it's hard to take an obese man at the YMCA preaching about a healthy lifestyle seriously...

Yet the rabid right-wing-nuts (e.g., dingbat Palin) in this country slammed the mayor of NYC for trying to restrict the sale of super-sized sugar-ladened soft drinks.

The people on the right are schizophrenic. They don't know what they don't want, they don't know what they do want, and when they finally decide on something they don't want, they find it conflicts with what they said they do want.

Example: Love Romneycare but hate Obamacare.

Example: Stop abortions but arm every half-wit drunkard with concealed weapons in bars...

...or arm every teacher in every school.

Their political schizophrenia is a sneaky plot to thoroughly confuse the voters while they confuse themselves.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with that statement. FYI the comment quoted was not directed at you.

As for the big gulp drinks....is that prohibition of soft drinks.? I'm all for it. Can we add alcohol,pot, gambling while we're at it? Maybe the right is not the only ones sufferering from schizophrenia? I see super big gulps having the same destructive end results as alcohol and pot, and probably less so. Ask any cop if you don't believe me. If the government regulates and profits from big gulps would that make it better or just acceptable?
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I would agree with that statement. FYI the comment quoted was not directed at you.
As for the big gulp drinks....is that prohibition of soft drinks.? I'm all for it. Can we add alcohol and pot while we're at it? Maybe the right is not the only ones sufferering from schizophrenia? I see super big gulps having the possible same destructive end results as alcohol and pot, and probably less so. Ask any cop if you don't believe me.
Yes my fitness trainer would not be someone obese, just as would that be like listening to a person who never was able to pass first year college stats much less advanced math/logic , a nail pounder for advice on anything requiring thought?

My gosh for an electrician you could not even do a basic freshman electronics class of nodal equations could you. All those years professing you are a electrician and can not even pass a freshman year class of electronics. What does that say about you inability to figure out the real world.

Hey do hey make you get an Engineer or Architect approvals up there in Canada before you can pound a nail by any chance. IE someone who can sign off on your basic simple house plans. Funny how they do not allow matchbook nail ponder who think they are know-it nothings get away with just building houses of cards. I bet you with your so called expertise could even design a sound sky scraper. yep you would probably go to a gymnast for that information to.

techno900

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers, don't bite, the troll is just casting his line.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
sorry mr trolls, but the little know it nothing troll started it and asked about where he gets his advice. So I put it in his trolling context. you are so many moves behind in thought. I assume you were also a weak chess player.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
Yes my fitness trainer would not be someone obese, just as would that be like listening to a person who never was able to pass first year college stats much less advanced math/logic , a nail pounder for advice on anything requiring thought?

My gosh for an electrician you could not even do a basic freshman electronics class of nodal equations could you. All those years professing you are a electrician and can not even pass a freshman year class of electronics. What does that say about you inability to figure out the real world.

Hey do hey make you get an Engineer or Architect approvals up there in Canada before you can pound a nail by any chance. IE someone who can sign off on your basic simple house plans. Funny how they do not allow matchbook nail ponder who think they are no-it nothings get away with just building houses of cards. I bet you with your so called expertise could even design a sound sky scraper. yep you would probably go to a gymnast for that information to.

I have to say, I love the arrogance of your pompous statement. A psychologist friend once said that arrogance is often a form of insecurity. I will have to ask her about the root of hostility and get back to you on that one. It's ok though, because working in the construction industry has conditioned me to dealing with hostile people. In the meantime....a pointer is that sometimes it is more effective to talk to people and not at them if you wish to effective express an idea, facts or an opinion. Your father sounded like a great man, did he teach you this? I often wonder if your father would be proud of your hostility towards others. I believe that was an aspect of what he fought against, did he not?

You probably could have just abbreviated your statement to, "anyone who hasn't received the same education as you is stupid (unable to figure out the real world?). " and we could add that to all your other prejudicial type comments. My challenge to you would be can you attached that to hatred somehow? That's your MO, right?

I'm glad you are capable of pounding nails, but a bit of advice would be to not to do so with your head. Jeesh, I learned that when I was in grade school tagging along with my father to work.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:40 am; edited 3 times in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

Too bad.

Look at top of page.

Troll who?

Good day, I have to go pound nails...with a hammer.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
techno900 wrote:

Too bad.

Look at top of page.

Troll who?

Good day, I have to go pound nails...with a hammer.
I bet you just spit out the nails... happy trolling....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: