myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Waterproof Cell Phone Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluejaytoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Droid Razr. It is advertised as "water resistant," although there are videos out there showing folks holding it under a running faucet. I got one back in February and have gotten it pretty wet a few times over the summer, with no problem. I've seen many a phone lost to ziplock-type bags, so I never recommend them. I usually carry my insured Droid Razr in a small nylon drybag.
michaeljj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Waterproof Cell Phone Case Reply with quote

KBack wrote:
Can anyone recommend a waterproof cell phone case/bag?

Thanks

KB

Go through the internet for a products, or you can search over your local market for the niche products.
bkiggins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://store.drycase.com/DryCASE-Waterproof-phone-camera-and-music-player-p/dc-13.htm

I got one of these on a Groupon deal... used it a couple times, works very good. Watertight, the only down side is it is a bit bulky, but all products will be.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the double bag, please be aware that condensation may form from the ambient water vapor inside the bag and inside the phone itself. Stored in a place where it will get warm (and that's nearly any place during warmer months) it's likely that some water will precipitate into liquid.

A tip from a wreck diver I know is to fill the inner bag with rice and press the phone into it, then close the seal and insert into the true dry bag or case. The rice will absorb all the liquid that may come from the inside of the bag. And it gives some extra protection if the outer bag is breached from a crash that could tear the inner bag.

It's a bit belt and suspenders but it works and costs nearly nothing.

mariomcgrady

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a good waterproof cell phone case here http://www.gadgetsgo.com/Dry-Corp-DC-13-covers-under-water-proof-cellular-pouch.html. It comes in a clear, flexible and waterproof bag that let me use all of my phone's features like camera and listen to music while keeping my phone dry.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use for my small GPS, phone size bag
this :

http://www.overboardusa.com/

It has worked so far.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
rowly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Waterproof Cell Phone Case Reply with quote

There are various types of smart phone cases in the market for people to choose.You can go to the specific websites to gain some information.With the improvement of technology,there are more and more electronic products appear in people's daily life.We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient.However the cell phone sometimes cause new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the wifi blocker jammer can help a lot.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last post is SPAM.
Try your new setup with some Kleenex inside the first time instead of a phone.
When it gets wet you will be glad. Many setups are not intended to slam into the water repeatedly like our sport.
Dan Weiss bag of rice is also a good thing to have in your vehicle. If the phone gets even slightly wet, wipe it and put it in the rice straight away. I have seen phones dropped overboard saved with this simple trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: