myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, whether it's a crime or not is obfuscating the issue. The issue is that we finally have proof that the administration deliberately and systematically lied to the public and the investigation committees about the deliberate planned assassination of four Americans on U.S. soil simply because of the election. Anyone who thinks that's OK has no morals and has no regard for the present or future welfare of the U.S. or the rest of the free world.

Whether the SOB gets impeached is a separate matter.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it kept the republicans out of office....well....

How did Goldwater put it? "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice"
From my porch, I see the GOP as a major threat to our country.

keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me sad to agree with you. That group has always been a threat to our country. They were not calling the shots at the Republican Party until lately.
They did not have a large propaganda machine paid with lobbyist money.
That has brought them an army of parrots who work for free spreading things they barely care whether they are factual.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed kc...I should have said the New Republican Party
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, so Senator Feinstein is a republican, I'll be damned, who knew.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among the crowd are those who regard Feinstein with utter disdain for her opinions unless they align with their agenda, in which case she is the greatest of experts.
It is that same modest amount of interest in having a factual basis in your beliefs.
Some folks required no facts at all before condemning Obama, and no amount of facts are going to change their minds. They pluck suitable support out of any source, but none of those things had anything to do with the conclusion. It was set in stone long before the attack.
pointster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me why the administration would think that being unable to protect the ambassador from an ad-hoc mob would make them look better than being unable to stave off a planned attack by a heavily-armed militia? I just don't see what there would be to gain in lying about a planned attack. I don't see how either version would make much difference to Obama's chances of being re-elected.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is needed. This has been chosen.
Obama is guilty.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the administration would think that being unable to protect the ambassador from an ad-hoc mob would make them look better than being unable to stave off a planned attack by a heavily-armed militia? I just don't see what there would be to gain in lying about a planned attack. I don't see how either version would make much difference to Obama's chances of being re-elected.

Obama had told us Al Qaeda was on the run. This proved otherwise, that this direct spinoff of AQ was alive and kicking.

Thomas Sowell explains it thusly:
<<<Barack Obama's election campaign oratory had proclaimed the death of Osama bin Laden as an accomplishment of his administration, as part of a general defeat of Al-Qaeda and other terrorists. To admit that these terrorists were still in action, and strong enough to kill an American ambassador and three other Americans in a well-coordinated military style attack, would be a politically devastating admission during the election campaign.

Far better, politically, to come up with a story about a protest demonstration that just got out of hand. This could be presented as an isolated, one-time event, rather than part of a continuing pattern of terrorism by groups that were still active, despite President Obama's spin suggesting that they were not.

The problem with telling a lie, or even a succession of lies, is that a very small dose of the truth can sometimes make the whole thing collapse like a house of cards. The State Department's own foreign service officer Gregory Hicks was in Libya during the attack, so he knew the truth. When threats were not enough to silence him, it was then necessary to try to discredit him [as conservatives are in this forum and in the lamestream media].

After years of getting glowing job evaluations, and awards of honors from the State Department for his work in various parts of the world, Mr. Hicks suddenly began to get bad job evaluations and was demoted to a desk job in Washington after he spoke with a Congressman about what he knew. The truth is dangerous to liars.>>>
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
...the administration deliberately and systematically lied to the public... Anyone who thinks that's OK has no morals and has no regard for the present or future welfare of the U.S. or the rest of the free world.

Whether the SOB gets impeached is a separate matter.

Yes, the Cheney/Bush administration deliberately and systematically lied to the public about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

The SOB was never impeached.

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Obama had told us Al Qaeda was on the run.

Is that almost like "Mission Accomplished"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 62 of 124

Jump to: