myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What did Christie know, and when did he know it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
Then they can not handle it when it is back at them in a mild way.

This is mild?
bajaDean wrote:
Have you stopped beating your children yet? Or have you stopped molesting children?
Mildly retarded, perhaps.

Boggsman,
If you like the big round Christie then you should come check out our great mayor of Toronto. Our round guy does crack (and maybe murder) which makes Christie a lightweight.

got the severely brain dead wetting their pants, so not as you put it. again he starts it I can play the Christie game. and you who backs it again shows why the Christie was so popular with brain dead right wingers.

I personally do not know about the mayor of T, have no clue to his politics, and could care less if he does a drug like the Rush Limbo idiot who preached against them on the radio soap opera but was out purchasing them. Yes I do believe Rush should have gone to jail because he was advocating jail for drug users.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sold himself on being fiscally conservative and responsible. Time will tell if that is actually the case. He did make for some great morning radio in the city. I got some great laughs at his expense.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christie remains in trouble--for selecting a PR firm that cost about twice as much to advertise that New Jersey is back--but put him in all of the ads. I think the bloom is off the "He's a refreshing new kind of politician." rose.

Idle to hope that the squabblers would stop, or that Isobars would post a fact.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the big question should be how to handle this type of corrupt behaviour and set a precedent to deter politicians of following suit? All too often it's a "boy's club" mentality where the crooks protect eachother, and they get away with it.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--I have known dozens of politicians, from a little to pretty well. I even worked with the FBI to put one in jail. In my experience, only a small minority of people are truly corrupt--whether they try to cheat on their homebuilding accounting, their taxes, the integrity of their corporations--or as politicians. Probably in the 3% range. Most politicians in my experience, and it is certainly a large enough pool to be statistically significant, are motivated by serving the public and wielding power--in that order.

The problems with politicians, which crosses party lines, are that many of them are self-selected for narcissism, (Jerry Brown for sure) and power tends to corrupt. The necessities of raising money, for both honest and less honest politicians, and the number of times they get their asses kissed, warps their values. Not really different than the folks that work in jails--when you see the dregs of humanity you forget that most people aren't like that.

I doubt that Christie ordered the pay-back. But I think he created the atmosphere in his office, and that, and the enmity of the tin-hat right wing, will cost him the nomination. And it is crystal clear that he tolerated it from August until January when the heat got too hot.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

I doubt that Christie ordered the pay-back. But I think he created the atmosphere in his office, and that, and the enmity of the tin-hat right wing, will cost him the nomination. And it is crystal clear that he tolerated it from August until January when the heat got too hot.

Sounds like you just described the Obama administration, that is why it's been hard to pin the faults and negative headlines on him directly. Everyone he appoints think just like him, that's why he picks them, so he doesn't really need to tell anybody, like the IRS to target conservative groups, his people know exactly what to do, w/o being told.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christie is toast!

Back to back scandals are too much.

However, I don't really see the issue with the advertising agency pricing. Of course it cost twice as much to include photos of the Governor! Simple math!

Hey Baja...not stalking you! Only person I have ever stalked was Suzy Carlton when I was 13! As far as trespassing...did I cut you off on a wave sometime?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Christie is toast!

Only if he is proven guilty. Until then, his approval ratings are increasing because of his exemplary handling of the issue. He answered literally more press questions in one press conference and fired more guilty parties than Obama has in his entire presidency.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Christie is toast!

Only if he is proven guilty. Until then, his approval ratings are increasing because of his exemplary handling of the issue. He answered literally more press questions in one press conference and fired more guilty parties than Obama has in his entire presidency.

Yes, indeed!!

As explained here:

"According to a Monmouth poll released Monday — the only poll taken since the bridge scandal began — Chris Christie’s approval ratings are down overall. But his numbers have actually improved among Republicans in recent days."

It seems that the righties LIKE this sort of ethical behavior... which explains Mikey's response.

Mikey, as I said in a previous post --- it is truly remarkable how you can switch from horseshit to bullshit and back again so quickly.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Christie is toast!

Back to back scandals are too much.

However, I don't really see the issue with the advertising agency pricing. Of course it cost twice as much to include photos of the Governor! Simple math!

Hey Baja...not stalking you! Only person I have ever stalked was Suzy Carlton when I was 13! As far as trespassing...did I cut you off on a wave sometime?

CB ....I disagree. If Christie rights the ship, replaces the hacks, and leads , he will actually gain from the debacle. His biggest obstacle is the NW30 wing of the party , and the use of the term RINO. Maybe they will nominate Rick "dont go to college" Santorum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

Jump to: