myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What did Christie know, and when did he know it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially, a herd of wildebeasts will protect an injured member. However, if the herd becomes endangered, the injured member will get left out to the lions. Sort of like that!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Initially, a herd of wildebeasts will protect an injured member. However, if the herd becomes endangered, the injured member will get left out to the lions. Sort of like that!

Certainly possible. But , in this case, the Repub party is so devoid of leadership, Christie could survive and prosper.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone recently put it, political payback is fine and expected in upper echelons of power. Part of the deal. But using government power to take it out on the hide of constituents is the lowest of ethical behavior if not downright illegal.

What Christie may face is a federal indictment for interfering with interstate commerce as well as federally funded emergency services. Just a guess.

I find it hard to understand how Christie didn't know of most of the trigger points, including the status of the most valuable development in all of New Jersey. It happens to sit at the foot of the GW in Fort Lee and specifically relies in its promotional material on direct access to the GW. The main real estate promoter is the brother of the newly elected mayor Sokolich(D) who himself was given the political shaft within one hour of refusing to endorse Christie (R).

When asked whether the jam was related to payback against Sokolich, Christie not only denied it but claimed he hardly know of him. Really. That real estate was tied up since the 50s and is a BILLION dollar development. It begs credulity that Christie didn't know of Sokolich.

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajadean said to techno900;
Quote:
are you serious that you do not even have the brain capacity to figure that out? I bet your math grades/logic were/are a stellar example americans lack of intelligence if you can not figure it out.

While Baja can't say anything that offends me, I do try to avoid slipping into the same blue slime of the porta-potty world Baja operates in. The meds comment was the exception, responding to the above junior high level response to the topic of changing voting laws. When Baja is so totally oblivious to the spiteful, demeaning and degrading comments he injects into almost all of his responses, and then takes offence to the meds comment, one can only wonder..................................

Regarding Christie, I think he will survive this stupid episode, but it will take a serious toll on his ability to be a contender for the Republican party nomination. On the other hand, I do like his feistiness, but he is not my guy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...who is "your guy" , or someone you would like to see run? I asked NW, and the crickets chirp.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggs,

I don't yet have a guy, and will wait to see how the cards are played out before I stand behind anyone.

I would guess that the left is in the same boat, but there don't seem to many "guys" on your side of the race. Do you have Hillary's back?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggs,

I don't yet have a guy, and will wait to see how the cards are played out before I stand behind anyone.

I would guess that the left is in the same boat, but there don't seem to many "guys" on your side of the race. Do you have Hillary's back?

Yes...Techno, Im "all in" for Hill in 2016. I voted for her in 2008, and I'll do it again. Who do you like out there? Can you guys just mention just one person, just one????
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of the below bear watching:

Rubio
Ryan
Paul
Santorum
Bush

Maybe Cruz, and if the ACA falls into total chaos, his filibuster may be viewed a lot differently.

Maybe Christie

Not Perry
Not Palin

There are others that may be good choices, but they are not well known and lack of name recognition may hurt. There are too many options to narrow the field at this point, for me.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think all of the below bear watching:

Rubio
Ryan
Paul
Santorum
Bush

Maybe Cruz, and if the ACA falls into total chaos, his filibuster may be viewed a lot differently.

Maybe Christie

Not Perry
Not Palin

There are others that may be good choices, but they are not well known and lack of name recognition may hurt. There are too many options to narrow the field at this point, for me.

Is Jeb as far right as Rick Santorum?
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please..not another Bush...or Clinton for that matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20

Jump to: