myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What did Christie know, and when did he know it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Please..not another Bush...or Clinton for that matter.

Are you feeling bushwhacked?
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
Please..not another Bush...or Clinton for that matter.

Are you feeling bushwhacked?

two was too many
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the NJ Senate is trying to create a single-source investigation to prevent Christie's counsel from arguing that the investigation is duplicate and thus a waste of taxpayer money. This will also solidify cooperation with any federal investigation that I suspect will focus on RICO charges.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Christie is toast!

Back to back scandals are too much.

However, I don't really see the issue with the advertising agency pricing. Of course it cost twice as much to include photos of the Governor! Simple math!

Hey Baja...not stalking you! Only person I have ever stalked was Suzy Carlton when I was 13! As far as trespassing...did I cut you off on a wave sometime?

Ok, please do not feed the trolls, ie have the details of where I live here. you can have the waves, as you can tell from this thread I do not make waves.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
bajadean said to techno900;
Quote:
are you serious that you do not even have the brain capacity to figure that out? I bet your math grades/logic were/are a stellar example americans lack of intelligence if you can not figure it out.

While Baja can't say anything that offends me, I do try to avoid slipping into the same blue slime of the porta-potty world Baja operates in. The meds comment was the exception, responding to the above junior high level response to the topic of changing voting laws. When Baja is so totally oblivious to the spiteful, demeaning and degrading comments he injects into almost all of his responses, and then takes offence to the meds comment, one can only wonder..................................

Regarding Christie, I think he will survive this stupid episode, but it will take a serious toll on his ability to be a contender for the Republican party nomination. On the other hand, I do like his feistiness, but he is not my guy.

as I said of course you act like a christie your fiesty hero. Christie is just a bully with a pettiness to him like is loved by right wingers. Thats why people like Ted Nugent the waco, Rush the druggy, arnold the idiot, heston who right wingers thinks walks on water, Strom Thurmond the racist and rapist are heros to right wingers. Again McVeigh is respected by many right wingers and a hero to right wingers.

Hey, you start it and of course I will dish it to trolls like you. And as I said on many moderated forums I have been on would warn and remove such a comment, and if you ever did it again ban you completely. One forum I was on that I mentioned owned by a trust fund media right winger, they tried to ban me for attacking posters like this, and as I listed to them on every instance a loonie McVeigh wanta be started it. You know what their reply was to me when I proved it. They said well I should set the example and not reply back in kind and take the high ground. Well I blasted them for enabling their trolls, that if they had any honor they should take their own advice and take it to their trolls. They never tried to ban me again after I pointed out their right wing hypocrisy.

again it is too funny how people who start it all cry foul and like they are the victim like clockwork.

Poor right wingers they are such victims... of the reverse racism is so bad on them when they have the majority in everything from total money to jobs to every single benefit to even media ownership and they are all such victims... you do realize that is why right wing hero the hero to many right wingers set his bomb off killing those in OK.

Last edited by real-human on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Techno...who is "your guy" , or someone you would like to see run? I asked NW, and the crickets chirp.

It's too damn early, what's the rush?
I will say this though, at this point in time, being very early, the front runners usually get dumped as it gets closer.
So I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Hillary or C.C., they both have problems fermenting.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christies office (not him directly) and about 17 of his top cronies have received their subpoenas

Flurry of subpoenas in New Jersey bridge flap

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/flurry-of-subpoenas-in-new-jersey-bridge-flap/2014/01/17/35afb876-7fc3-11e3-93c1-0e888170b723_story.html

Quote:
Subpoenas were served Friday to more than a dozen people with ties to embattled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), who is struggling to contain a burgeoning scandal over a days-long traffic jam last year.

A New Jersey General Assembly committee investigating the episode has asked 17 Christie associates to submit documents. Assemblyman John Wisniewski (D), the committee’s chairman, said the recipients will be called to testify before the panel in the coming weeks.

from what I hear there is one who will spill the beans so will the others crack now or do some jail time?

Quote:
This month, Wildstein released partially redacted ­e-mails to the legislature regarding the bridge flap. The e-mails caused a political storm and led the Democratic-controlled state legislature to launch two inquiries.

Wildstein later cited his right to plead the Fifth Amendment and declined to speak with lawmakers about the incident.

“My client is willing to speak freely if he is conferred immunity,” Zegas said. “If he is granted immunity, he will fully cooperate. In the meantime, he intends to fully comply with his legal obligations, and we will voluntarily supply more documents without redactions.”

mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to a fun thread:

Quote:
By M. Alex Johnson, Staff Writer
NBC News
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the official who ordered the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge last year clashed Friday over precisely when Christie learned about the controversial incident.

In a letter to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (.pdf), a lawyer for David Wildstein — the Port Authority official who actually ordered the event — says "evidence exists tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the Governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference."

In a statement Friday afternoon, Christie's office said that rather than call Christie's behavior into question, the letter "confirms what the Governor has said all along — he had absolutely no prior knowledge of the lane closures before they happened and whatever Mr. Wildstein's motivations were for closing them to begin with."
Christie's statement goes on to say he denies "Mr. Wildstein's lawyer's other assertions," which primarily have to do with Wildstein's attempt to force the Port Authority to pay his legal bills.
The main disagreement appears to stem from the sequence of events.
In his statement Friday, Christie said he didn't know about what's come to be known as "Bridgegate" beforehand. In his Jan. 9 news conference — the one Wildstein alludes to — he said that "I had no knowledge of this — of the planning, the execution or anything about it — and that I first found out about it after it was over."
It's that second contention that Wildstein contradicts in his letter, saying flat-out that Christie knew about the incident as it was jamming traffic between New York and New Jersey from Sept. 9 to Sept. 12.
"Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the Governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some," the letter says — although it gives no hint of what that evidence might be.

A new allegation claims New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie sanctioned a road closure as political payback. NBC's Michael Isikoff reports.
Wildstein's letter was first reported Friday by The New York Times and subsequently obtained by NBC News.
Christie — who's considered a serious contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination — has repeatedly denied having ordered the closing of two of three local access lanes from Fort Lee, N.J., to the bridge, which is one of the busiest in the world. The closing froze traffic for four days — allegedly in retaliation over the mayor's refusal to endorse him in the 2013 governor's race.

It's the latest piece in a puzzle that has been emerging over the past few months of Christie as a swaggering political bully.

I know, I know, time to scream Benghazi!
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting now how christie's attack team have said that his top appointment to make 200k plus a year to the port authority board can not be trusted because when he was in grade school a teacher did not like him and he was not a jock like him. That he could not be trusted for these youthful things. Yet he hired him for that top position. why isn't the media going after Christie for that, 5 people he has had at his top levels have either quit or he fired them and many already taking the 5th. again the buck stops with him, if he is so incompetent to hire such criminals he should resign over that no matter what. Ya there could be one bad apple, but 5 so far .
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turns out this guy is a real scum low life liar.

His first campaign for an office in 1994ish he lied and said his opponent was under investigation by a government agency. christy won that election. But he was then sued by the people he made those false statements about. He lost that case and had to pay a settlement and had to issue a public apology in a newspaper as part of the agreement.

A person like this should have never been allowed to be a federal prosecutor. I say a lie like this should prevent him for ever from having top positions in the government in Law enforcement.

Gee he was one of those major money bundlers for Bush and gee with no prosecution experience ever in his life he became a appointed federal prosecutor. Gee his career had been a lobbyist... before being a top federal prosecutor for New Jersey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 10 of 20

Jump to: