myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, one could listen only to the shows that discuss issues rather than ancestry and rumors. They're readily available. This cesspool we're sitting in right now would be far better off if it followed that model.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Baja, you may have missed my point.

People don't listen to liberal talk radio, so sponsors don't anti up. People do listen to conservative talk radio because they like what they hear and sponsors support the stations. You can concoct whatever justification you want to explain why liberal radio can't make a go, but it just isn't worth listening to by anyone.

So why isn't liberal talk radio appealing to the masses? Message, content, quality, personalities?

Hate talk is in the eye of the beholder and there is just as much on the liberal side as the conservative side, although it is unbalanced on talk radio since there are so few liberal personalities compared to the right.

Quote:
Again the low level thought analysis of these simple grade school observations are amazing by the right wing of america. Are they just taught to listen to their religion and not think?

Feel better, now that you have boosted your self esteem at another persons expense. Keep it up if it helps you cope.

No you just do not have any examples to your ILL logic.

For instance with your ill logic, do you know that the most popular shows on cable had been pro wrestling and still beat the pants off of Fox. Yet the revenue there is not even close to that of Fox............

Did you know when CNN was owned by Ted Turner a liberal that it set records for viewers, again your so called ignorance of liberals will not watch is again just wrong. when he sold it to corporate right wing ownership it went down hill.

Air america radio went onto several stations that had little revenues and no ratings and they were doing great with air america, there was one in Phoenix that was then purchased by a religious broadcaster to remove it and their ratings revenue at that station went down the tubes with religious broadcasting.

Face it you just do not have the ability to back up your arguments. Face it right wing ownership of businesses decide to make sure there is no free press. Many ways to do this. IE do not advertise on liberal agenda programming. Buy the media to make sure they can not get on.

again with your big lie the media is liberal... again 95% of the talk radio is right wing partisan hate talk

oh you poor right wing victims of the so called liberal media that again just is not out there... right wingers that believe this and even argue this are as a whole are just idiots.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should he be given a free pass or should he pay a price for his hate?

this is like Lee Atwater top hero of the right wing hate/propaganda who was the king of right wing sleeze finally realized that what he did for right wingers was immoral and wrong. Lee the darling/hero of the right wing party ended up with cancer and was dying and went to ask several liberals for forgiveness. I cannot remember for sure but I believe they were not willing to give it to him. He died and was not forgiven. Rove took his place for sleeze. I for one hope Atwater is in a hot place for his deeds while alive. I do believe there should be a price to pay for being despicable humans, and hope that he is rotting in a hot place for his hate propaganda.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/glenn-beck-cops-making-many-mistakes-fox-news-163524739.html

Glenn Beck Cops to Making Many Mistakes at Fox News; Playing Role in ‘Tearing The Country Apart’

Quote:
“I remember it as an awful lot of fun, and that I made an awful lot of mistakes, and I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language,” Beck lamented. “Because I think I played a role unfortunately in helping tear the country apart. And it’s not who we are. I didn’t realize how really fragile the people were. I thought we were kind of a little more in it together. And now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little more, instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly. But that’s only my role.”

techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must have stumbled into la-la land. Enough dialogue with Baja, except..............

Maybe he should start a liberal talk radio show. There seem to be no end to the material, but finding a listener could be a challenge.

Hasn't Baja ever noticed the lack of support from ANYONE on this forum, in particular the liberals. Maybe a little introspection is in order?
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think I must have stumbled into la-la land. Enough dialogue with Baja, except..............

Maybe he should start a liberal talk radio show. There seem to be no end to the material, but finding a listener could be a challenge.

Hasn't Baja ever noticed the lack of support from ANYONE on this forum, in particular the liberals. Maybe a little introspection is in order?
nce again I love troll posts like this. Again it proves you can not support your case and you go McVeigh....

I have shown so many angles that the media is not even close to liberal that right wingers are either delusional and can not learn or just plain old liars...

Now for me I do not need any assistance ripping you to shreds on this subject as I see they do to you on other threads anyway. Every liberal I have seen here is very capable of giving you and the other right winger a logic lashing. That is why you go mcVeigh and cry you are the "victim".

J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason you have so many well known conservative radio show hosts compared with the very few liberal is both interesting and a good thing for us liberals. I know of no intelligent conservatives who listen to that crap by the way, but I think it’s important to note the huge audiences these shows get. Tremendous actually compared to anything liberal. Liberals don’t want to listen to that crap. Why would anyone from either party need to be constantly patting themselves on the back? Are they so insecure or afraid that they need to bolster and reinforce themselves? One of a few things is happening. Either a lot of liberals are tuning in to boost up the numbers or the conservative base is so insecure they need this reinforcement? Why don’t liberals tune into their own shows? Either A) They don’t care. B) They don’t have the hate. C) They don’t need the constant bolstering. Basic human psychology.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way, it kind of goes along with my "notes on television" as to why FOX has such serious opinion shows. For some reason, the base of the right needs that self pimping. Either that or a lot of liberals are tuning in to watch. No other explanation for the ratings.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual reality shows are boring.
Liberal talk was like that.

Scripted reality shows are popular but not factual.
Conservative radio is like that.

News can really be dull.
"News" on talk radio is astounding and gives you a leg up over the folks who haven't heard about Obama being Muslim and murdering an ambassador to Libya.
Makes you feel smart to have inside info others don't have.
Those with little interest in politics get a charge from getting inside facts and become Imitation conservatives.

If liberal talk used that format then some folks with that personality type would become imitation liberals overnite.

Fox appeals to the same market by showing you a little real news and a whole lot of commentary that appears to be taken as news by listeners.
They are able to present utter nonsense by having a guest say it in a nice suit while the host nods gravely at the scary warning about Obamas voodoo dolls.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is. Intelligent, open-minded people want to see both sides of the issues and decide for themselves which to support. That's VERY seldom available in the other media, but is the norm on Fox. Anyone who actually WATCHES Fox, and checks their accuracy with the original sources* when in doubt, would know that.

* e.g.,
http://www.cbo.gov/
http://www.politico.com/
http://www.census.gov/
http://www.stratfor.com/
http://www.irs.gov/
http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp
http://www.factcheck.org/
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/constitution/
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html , and
videos of politicians’ and public figures’ lips moving, in full context
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

Fox appeals to the same market by showing you a little real news and a whole lot of commentary that appears to be taken as news by listeners.
They are able to present utter nonsense by having a guest say it in a nice suit while the host nods gravely at the scary warning about Obamas voodoo dolls.

DAMN! Who leaked the story?

NW, was that you? Mikey, maybe? Mr. G?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 118 of 277

Jump to: