myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sun. Mar. 30 Reply with quote

Weak (9-12 but more hole-y on the water than the graph indicates) WNW then W.

Expecting the wind to come up rather than fall off, I rigged 5.7 rather than something larger.

Mostly just barely able to keep from sliding downwind, varying between slogging and lightly powered. Ebb tide limited sailing time, and it was not feasible to go make enough upwind progress to access the channel. Lots of bat rays in the shallows.

Better than not sailing, useful low-wind practice, would have been much better on 7.3 (which I did not have with me). A couple of kiters were out, but quit before I did.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my way to the hot tub after a nice 5.6 session at Berkeley. Sailed till the rain moved in, then unrigged in my wetsuit. Woof!
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.7 x 80 Ltr. today at A.L. with waist high waves, supposed to be stronger and earlier tomorrow.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Fri-Sun Apr. 4-6 Reply with quote

Friday afternoon, 5.3. Lapsed skills in dealing with gusty winds: not enough power to waterstart inside (OK outside), difficult to get into and stay in control in the wind bands outside. A few other sailors came out.

Saturday late afternoon, 5.3: similar to Friday. More sailors out, and several kites.

Sunday late afternoon, 6.4: somehow the sail and I were not getting along very well. Fairly relaxed upwind reach to starboard, planed some on port in a couple of the wind bands. I was the only sailor out, plus a couple of kites.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Stick Apr. 8 Reply with quote

Good day at the Stick waiting for the season to come back. Out with new HSM GP2 6.6 and Isonic 110. The sail is a bit small for the Isonic but it was fun to try tit out powered up.

With only two cams it is very manageable (tacks easy). Wind came up enough to get into the Isonic 5th gear (not 6th yet!) and some great downwind runs. The sail is very stable, opens up beautifully under power and propels forward in the gusts. Great water release from the luff: this will be a good weapon at Crissy or Coyote in mid wind.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley at the point...rigged my 5.6 whilst others rigged 6.5s...waited in the truck seeing the sights till it seemed a bit stronger. Had my little session, came in happy. Hot tub yet again. Woof!
koogzah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blunt Point was in full summer mode yesterday. Solid WSW in the mid-20s. OPd on a flat 5.2 and 84l. Flood was ripping pretty hard inside, though.
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice first day of the season was had at TI. Low to id 20s and oddly got stronger toward sunset. On a 5.9 & floaty board. Could have gone smaller but not much. About six hearty souls out. Very strong flood made the exit exiting.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday. Best day of the year for Berkeley. Hot tub of course.
EBaySwell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: PI in April? Reply with quote

Point Isabel delivered from about 3-5 Saturday, not bad for April.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 36 of 329

Jump to: