myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Is Roosevelt Park open or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottwerden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:
Sorry Scott. I just get pissed at the illogical decisions of our Government. I do mostly launch from Arlington, but it is not friendly for my wife and its nice to camp at Roosevelt once you're all the way out east and have a few post session brews. I would gladly pay for a hot shower.

You know how it is - I can call my sister an idiot but if someone else does, look out. Smile

WA may look dysfunctional in its handling of parks, but if you want to see a real governmental cluster-f, go to Seattle and look at the $80M boring machine they bought and promptly got stuck under ground.

Even without water Roosey is still one of the better venues. At least there is shade, grass, and an ultra user-friendly launch. Try camping at the Wall or Three Mile sometime.

Not sure what the USACE is saying - it doesn't require potable water to flush a toilet.
dhanson928

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the state of Waahington the ---- away from Roosevelt! They spend more money on keeping us OUT of public areas. Take a look at Dougs...It was just fine before they spend hundreds of thousands on fences and ranger trucks and all that. Take a look at Rowland Lake, the Syncline trail, Katherine Creek, Columbia Hills park, etc etc.. Love all the new Washington State fences and signs...... and boy, are those vault toilets cool! not.

It's kinda sad when places are 'discovered' and then everybody wants to "Fix em".

Never heard about the stuck boring machine but I do remember the abandoned WPPS nuclear reactors...THAT was dumb...
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Same story back here. No money to enhance services, but an endless budget for enforcement! The CORP guys get brand new Ford Trucks every two years. A huge fleet, too. Then they put a dual 200 HP mercury motor patrol boat on our local lake. Its so big it has a machine gun platform on the front deck. No gun yet, but I suspect its only a matter of time. They also have 3-4 other standard size patrol boats to hassle all skiers. We get pulled over almost every time we are at the lake to do a life jacket, fire extinguisher,horn, and throwable check. "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOU FROM YOURSELF!"

I'm talking about a small lake, too, think Floras with a PT Fleet!
starfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick which lake it this? I want to make sure we stay away. We have water skied 60 days the last two years on the Columbia at hood river.
I have seen the boat patrol once or twice. Never even talked to them.
Yes you must protect us from ourselves.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park open, bathrooms closed, porta potties often overflowing, lazy guys pissing on the ground all day 20 feet upwind of campers. It's a health hazard we need to mention to the Corps ... unless it simply prompts a park closure.

The $13k annual water expense is mostly due to the costs of monitoring and maintaining the uv purification system necessary to make the shallow well's water useable. Drums of chlorine pumped into the well were insufficient; I'm guessing that the now-closed RV tank dump was too close to the well.

And with no water, there's no camp host. Besides, false complaints to the Corps from individuals who want to run the park by their own set of (non-)rules got the best host Roosie ever had permanently fired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: