myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windmills at Sherman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airwave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@spennie,

You missed my attempt at humor. When I suggested "random" I was referring to the windmills, not the wind. As in, perhaps the windmills have a mind of their own and only effect things when they want to. Which to a human would appear as random ( - :
stilladdicted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've been reading this thread with interest for a while now (days..weeks). And by and large agree with the sentiment. I've seen it, felt it, and wobbled back to the beach at the powerlines... virtually giving up on my favorite spot to sail....

But wait - any good word about the sign or powerlines? Looks like it's windy as all get out, out there right now. Anyone on-site to give a little feedback?

August and the delta are just around the corner...hate to just go out there tool around in the boat...

thanks

Mike
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerlines is beginning to look like a fishing site and/or homeless camp. The Sign/Rio Viento has been better than last year, for sure. Still, there are days when the wind doesn't get that far up the river (or just takes some time getting there) while you can see people sailing at the Access. (M10 remains a piss-poor indicator of what is happening there.)
damel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I previously added to a post that I didn't think there was any way the windmills could affect the wind strength of a large region and from what I have seen since moving to the bay area 4 years ago I think I was dead wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that the additional windmills has seriously affected the breeze at power-lines. To be fair they are in close proximity to power-lines.

The new question is whether the windmills affect the larger region including the access. I think there is little doubt the windmills make the wind less consistent when it is more Northwest. I wonder if they also have an effect on the timing of the pressure gradients diffusing or if they may eventually even create a bottleneck for the east bay winds. I doubt it but as I mentioned above I have been wrong before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: