myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jones Beach/Nuke Alley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have still nothing but kudos and instant results with WAP when on the road. If I ever need all the ads, flashing icons, fine print, general complexity, this forum, slower access speeds, or outright froo-froo of a full-blown commercial website on my phone, they're just a click away. So far, I never use them except on my desktop where clutter is more easily ignored or filtered on its 20X bigger screen. I'm quite satisfied just deciding which sail to rig, checking iW and NOAA forecast updates, determining whether that sensational wind at some other spot is synoptic or due just to a passing thunderstorm, anticipating swims due to sudden wind shifts, checking the fresh gradient, determining wind quality, etc., and I don't need no steenkin' iMax website to do those much faster and with fewer clicks on a pocket-sized gadget.

I mention this because so many people, including some dealers, never heard of WAP. Newer and more complex isn't inherently or always superior, and iW tells us how to set up WAP in its FAQ section under Wireless Web.
sailon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Back to Nuke Allley Reply with quote

I sailed Nuke Alley after 6 pm 7/29, and it was great! I was pleased that the landing is soft, flattened, tall grass. Level enough for chairs. Room enough to rig a couple sails. And at high tide, I could walk out a ways into the water on large, clean, diking rock and sand - no mush, no scum. I sailed a 3.7 (5'3') but could have used an OP'd 4.2. There was even a photographer there...and another sailor. What fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: