myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Want your son to be a Gold metal winner?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karylmatt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a common sense that gold is very percious and now more and more people like the gold metal, and more and more people now join ge group of hunting for treasure and gold. This is like the "gold rush". But what is different form before is that now people use more advanced equippmemt to help them to find the gold. And it seems among different equippments, people like the gold metal detectors most, because that such a device can help them to identify the detail information of the metal so that people can find it in a short time.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ALIVE!!

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't sleep last night, thinking of Brucie, and life in general.

He never came across as a person you could like, and we often told him so. But doesn't it just put life in perspective! So much contempt he generated (on the forum) yet now, a couple of years later, forgotten. What on earth is the meaning of anything?

I wonder if he felt his life had been a success or failure. As Lewis Carroll wrote - 'Life, what is it but a dream?' At least Brucie did take windsurfing (very real when doing it) seriously, and always seemed to be craving acceptance which we rarely gave him. But in 50 years time, who will remember or give a fig about any of us, as we rot away in our wooden boxes in the ground!

When my mother was in her late 70's she would always greet me (when visiting), with 'Who do think's just died?' (Usually some old film star from her youth and prime.) I can appreciate her point exactly - her world was disappearing, and the old order changing.

When I started teaching, nearly all the staff were older generation, war veterans who stood for no nonsense, yet now, every single one of them is dead and gone, and for all the seeming difference they made, they may as well not have bothered.

At least, you made a splash Brucie, even if you did soak us all and make us angry!
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

At least, you made a splash Brucie, even if you did soak us all and make us angry!

Kinda miss the guy.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but my friend, our genetic code thrives, we succeed as a species (maybe we'll succeed ourselves right out of the natural order eh). I can personally play with my success (and see bits of my genetic code in action),
because my offspring have offspring, and I can teach them to thrive.
For me there is great meaning in that. And our race has created and
continues to create amazing joys (like windsurfing) with which to live
and thrive.

Another thought which you may feel free to discard, I believe in life
after life. Some find that delusional, but if it be delusion, it is a
delusion which has served me well, and kept me hopeful and happy.

A final thought, this mortal shell will indeed rot away someday, but probably
not tomorrow, so get out and enjoy it while it lasts.

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
So much contempt he generated (on the forum) yet now, a couple of years later, forgotten. What on earth is the meaning of anything?

I wonder if he felt his life had been a success or failure. As Lewis Carroll wrote - 'Life, what is it but a dream?' At least Brucie did take windsurfing (very real when doing it) seriously, and always seemed to be craving acceptance which we rarely gave him. But in 50 years time, who will remember or give a fig about any of us, as we rot away in our wooden boxes in the ground!.

When I started teaching, nearly all the staff were older generation, war veterans who stood for no nonsense, yet now, every single one of them is dead and gone, and for all the seeming difference they made, they may as well not have bothered.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
What on earth is the meaning of anything?

That's a tough , but fundamental question for an atheist. If you believe that life began as an accident of "nature"......that inert chemicals of unknown origin bumped into each other and spontaneously created living cells, which, over millions of years of mutation and natural selection morphed into Usain Bolt.........and that human actions, both heroic and despicable, are merely a response to neurons firing in the brain.......then, life would seem to be one long chemical reaction without the need for any meaning. I choose to believe that all these accidents of "nature" are less likely than the proposition that the hand of a creator is present in our existence.

The atheistic hypothesis may be right...........if so, none of us will ever know. In the meantime, I will join Craig, perhaps in blissful self deception, but reasonably secure in the knowledge that I have a semblance of an answer to the question you posed. Regardless, you seem to have squeezed the most out of whatever it is that this existence offers. As soon as the wind picks up, you'll be fine.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I hear an AMEN brothers? Ye would not be so loathsome of your fellow man if you had some faith....
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gentlemen.

My randomly acting brain cell tells me (well. internet forecast actually) that wind and surf is up tomorrow, (cause and effect methinks), and I shall ponder while i'm about it!
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJhZcOhLRzE
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great clip, thanks. I do have some trouble squaring comments like this:

Ye would not be so loathsome of your fellow man if you had some faith....

with the postings about liberals and Obama. My mother always taught me that setting a good example was the best evidence of deeply held religious values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: