myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
harness dakine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenthomasphoto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: harness dakine Reply with quote

Trying to decide between dakine xt seat or dakine fusion. Any pros and con on either.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seem to like the xt. If you also wave sail, don't forget the Hotsails wave seat. A great option.
LeeD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the RaceLite.
Works great in all conditions, but then, I used seat harnesses for wave sailing all my years.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are looking at the latest models, the Fusion comes with a hammerhead spreader bar that you probably don't want, a hook knife that you can buy for $12 if you feel you need one, and it costs $70 more than the XT.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hammerhead spreader bar that you absolutely don't want, okay for kiting, but terrible for windsurfing, unless you like getting launched.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you Googled and SEARCHed them? There are many comparisons online and in this forum. Two themes dominate:
1. Everybody loved the XTSeat for over a decade. Many still do.
2. Every individual is shaped and stands differently. Only a demo will tell the tale.

Here's where I depart from #1 and #2: the last XTSeat I examined, in about 2012, was gigantic, bulky, and stiff. After at least 10 years in them, I could tell in the showroom that it had fallen prey to the American obesity epidemic. Maybe if I had a freshly broken back I might want to sail in it, knowing that my back couldn't move an inch ... no way I could walk upright in it.

The Storm. Fusion, and Reflex, last time I shopped for harnesses in 2012, were the closest thing I found to my pile of older worn-out XTSeats (they go soft and lose their support after a few years of heavy use). They seem similar enough to me that only personal trial can really decide, unless some small factor in the online head-to-head comparisons makes or breaks the choice. IIRC, they all have adjustable hook height, some lower back support, and padded leg straps. I can take or leave DaKine's elastic inner belt; I prefer a simple strap and buckle just because it's simple, effective, and less bulky.

If whatever I choose comes with the hammerhead kiting bar, I ask the dealer to swap it out for a WSing bar. For long discussions of roller vs fixed hooks, use the Search function.

Mike \m/
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If whatever I choose comes with the hammerhead kiting bar, I ask the dealer to swap it out for a WSing bar."
I came back to mention that; you beat me to it. Also, they keep changing these darn things. From the photos on the Dakine site, the latest Fusion looks bigger (taller, which might be a good thing for some people) than the latest XT. Whatever fits and feels better to the user, I say go for it.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size are you? I've got a medium Blast that is hardly broken in. An even less worn large XT seat (used 5 times +/-) and large Reflex used once.
Let me know if you're interested.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: