myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...With all the bad news on the front page these days, I thought it would be important to congratulate our great country and great technology industry. Today NASDAQ hit a 14 year high, 4500, just a stone throw away from 5000, a level hit during the dotcom euphoria of 2000. Congrats!!!
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
...With all the bad news on the front page these days, I thought it would be important to congratulate our great country and great technology industry. Today NASDAQ hit a 14 year high, 4500, just a stone throw away from 5000, a level hit during the dotcom euphoria of 2000. Congrats!!!

Which led straight into a popping bubble.

And George Soros, the dems biggest financier, doesn't share your euphoria.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does George Soros know something we don’t about the S&P 500?

August 15, 2014, 6:35 AM ET

Oh, goody. It’s 13F time, when mere mortals like us get to see how the big boys rolled the dice in the last quarter.

Among the highlights, Soros Fund Management increased a bear-call bet on the S&P 500 in a huge way. The fund lifted a put position — a bet the market will go lower — on the S&P 500 ETF SPY +0.86% to its biggest size yet, in terms of value and portfolio percentage, making a 605% leap over the previous quarter.

Bullion Baron, who has long kept a beady eye on Soros’s SPY moves, has summed up the latest dealings. He speculated that this could be a hedge — or Soros is really worried about something. One possible something is China, which the hedge-fund titan referred to as a global uncertainty earlier in the year, notes the Baron.

Soros also lifted positions in Apple and Facebook and a portfolio loaded up with stocks, so he can’t possibly be all that gloomy. As for that China unease, WSJ’s MoneyBeat reports that China bears are entrenched and see stocks headed for a big fall. One strategist says it’s not good to see that stocks there have been rallying on both good and bad economic news.

“In [a] market frenzy, it is difficult to keep a cool head. But if things don’t add up, it will eventually fall apart,” Hao Hong, Bank of Communications international strategist, tells MoneyBeat.

Now the only problem here, says the Baron, is that if things go pear-shaped in China, that’s not great news for equity markets anywhere, especially those at overvalued levels. Just a reminder, the 13Fs are from the second quarter so for all we know Soros has changed his mind completely since then.

In the short term though, it seems global managers are willing to place their bets on Wall Street. What IG’s Chris Weston hears among some institutional funds, he says, is that with Europe pinned down by Russian worries and growth problems, most think U.S. stocks are a pretty good bet, at least for the short term – three to six months.

“From a relative-growth perspective, the U.S. is significantly outperforming Europe, corporate earnings have been good. From a geopolitical standpoint … where do you go to invest right now, with bond yields so low? The belief is that the U.S., on a relative basis, is going to outperform,” says Weston.

He says if you’d asked him three months ago what his biggest worry was, he would have said a 10% drop for the S&P 500, due to a major rise in 10-year bond yields. ”That’s clearly not going to happen anytime soon,” he says.

Recent data from Bank of America Merrill Lynch data shows fund money poured out of Europe in this week, into Japan and China, with modest flows into the U.S.

For the rest~
http://blogs.marketwatch.com/need-to-know/2014/08/15/does-george-soros-know-something-we-dont-about-the-sp-500/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for me, I don't know what's going to happen, I own some stocks but I'm not trusting the market as much as I'd like to.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW 30...George Soros runs a family office /HEDGE fund....with the emphasis on Hedge. He runs a mostly long portfolio of equities, and hedges it with S&P puts. And now that Soros is only family money, my bet he is extrad careful protected the $35B sum... I know the DrudgeReport ran a big headline when the filings came out, so I suspected we would hear from you or Bard. My euphoria is not the subject here, just the numbers , the market is screaming. period.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISIS beheads journalists on YouTube.
In response, Obama reads pap from teleprompters and tees off.
Who's gonna win THIS one?
And at what price to the free world?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Counter Point:

http://redalertpolitics.com/2014/08/21/97570/

“Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough offered up an odd defense of President Obama Thursday for his decision to play golf on Martha’s Vineyard following his statements on the murder of American journalist James Foley by ISIS terrorists.

“A lot of people are feeling that this picture really shows a president who is disengaged and a president who really doesn’t sort of have a sense of tone in terms of the moment,” began MSNBC co-host Mika Brzezinski.

Scarborough replied that there are “two ways” to look at Obama’s apparent disconnect with and disinterest in the situation. One, he explained, is to look at the photo of Obama smiling on the golf course — captured perfectly by the New York Daily News — and think, “How horrifying is that?”

Scarborough went on to expand on the other way to look at Obama’s golfing, which is to read it as the president saying to the ISIS terrorists, “Screw you. Screw you. We’re not going to live by your rules.”

The MSNBC host also compared Obama to “Spock,” echoing New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd.

“He’s Spock, and I’m sure there may even be one or two terrorists over in Syria right now looking at him, going, ‘Wow, that’s one cold bastard. He goes golfing on Martha’s Vineyard?’” explained Scarborough.

The host also showcased his perplexity at his somewhat defense of the president, admitting he didn’t know whether or not he was “criticizing the president.”

“I don’t know what I’m doing,” said Scarborough. “I just know that this is how terrorists fund their organizations and if the president were in the White House wringing his hands and weeping … no. He’s out golfing. And, it’s horrible for the parents, but it does send a message to the terrorists. I’m sure Barack Obama would say, ‘You know, if we can’t go golfing at an exclusive golf course on Martha’s Vineyard, then the terrorists have already won.’”

He did insist, however, that he was not “making light of the situation.”
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Mikey, a quiz for you, because you're so level-headed, open-minded, even-handed, and fair and balanced.

Who said the following, what was happening, and what was the speaker doing?

"We must stop the terror! I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers."

"Now, watch this drive."

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Woods?
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Tiger Woods?

Nope. Wasn't the black guy.

"Now, watch this drive."

wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good swing! He must have been playing a lot!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW highest consumer confidence since the Bush housing bubble, S&P at 2000..... Pinch me, please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 67 of 200

Jump to: