myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2014 Tabou Rocket 115

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: 2014 Tabou Rocket 115 Reply with quote

Anyone ride this board. I had a 2010 and really liked it. Wondering if the redesign has made any difference....
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hated the old design. it did not plane early, nor pump onto a plane. the only thing they did okay was sail way over powered. but, others in its class did so just as well, but pumped well too. the new ones look far better.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
GarryW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding Rocket 105s for 10 years, sailing on the 2012 for the last two years. I've loved the new designs especially because of deep concaves up front that go through chop like butter. I've always thought they're early planers and handle all conditions. I've even used my Rocket 105 as a wave board.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

east coast wind requires more sail area. dunno why, it just does. also requires more board planing power. boards with tons of rocker adhere to the water, at the expense of early planing and top end speeds.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 2012 115 LTD. One of the best boards I have had. Very early planning, smooth ride and fast top end. I'm thinking about an update to the 2015. I was just wondering if the redesign this year makes any difference. I have several guys waiting for me to sell my 2012. You don't often see one for sail. Speaks to how much people like them. FYI my 2015 is on its way. Just add a bit of wind.....
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novaan, don't you have an atomiq 110 as well? Are they redundant?
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Starboard Atom 110. I get a new lite wind board every year. Don't know why, its just kind of fun. Christmas in the summer. I was having some back issues awhile back and needed to limit my time on the water. I decided to only go in the higher wind and on a smaller board. So the big board had to go. The thing is we haven't had good wind in a month. My back is much better, and I NEED some time on the water.
You would think after 30 plus years of windsurfing I could let it go a bit.
I'm checking the wind at my local spots as I type this. Addiction, maybe. Still exciting after all this time. I helped a newbie learn to water start yesterday. Add a new friend to my list. I had as much fun helping him as sailing and I got a free beer at the end of the day. Windsurfing and the people who do it are cool.....
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could, keep us posted on the new rocket and how it compares to the 2012 model and the atomiq 110. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: