myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
RIP Todd Ketchum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antoinebo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: RIP Todd Ketchum Reply with quote

Todd Ketchum lost his long battle with ALS on Thursday.
Todd was part of the Madd Mike's crew of the late 90's and early 2000's, working and hanging at the shop.
Since then, Todd had become a successful business man running his own consulting company but at heart he was a real Outdoorsman.
He'd never miss a beat to go sailing, surfing, kiting, hunting, fishing, biking... you name it he was always on.
Todd was absolutely fearless and ready for the most crazy shit - all the time.
I remember a 3.7 day at Pleasure Bay in Boston harbor in early 2000's. It was smoking off the water it was so windy. Todd was trying to chuck forwards in 40+ gusts - Barely making it half way around and exploding with limbs flying all over. He'd waterstart with a huge smile ready for more.
For the last 10 years, Todd fought ALS as hard and bravely as anyone could imagine.
Last year, he took a final trip to the Gorge to show his 3 sons what a real playground looks like. Seating there in a chair unable to move a finger but just taking in the feel of the wind on his face with a smile in his eyes.

So next time you are asked to dump a bucket on your head - Think of Todd and all the others who need our help in finding a cure.

These moments really test our faith. But I know he is now riding endless rights with all the other krazy kooks who left us way too early

Todd was my friend

Antoine
justall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with his family and friends. Sorry that you have lost a friend, antoinebo; that is a painful hurt that I know all too well. Keep your faith!
windswell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoine,
I'm sorry to hear about Todd. I'm sure we crossed paths... or wakes.. at some point. I know he'd be happy to hear that you're still out there having fun in the waves. Horseneck was great last week.

Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Todd Reply with quote

Antoine,

Thanks for the post. i'm sure Ive crossed paths with him at both the spots you mentioned. i encourage you to lean on your faith for there are no answers but it is/can be a source of strength.

Im sure Todd appreciated and valued your friendship. It is very hard to watch someone you care for/love suffer from that awful disease

Hang in there.

Another crazy kook
Seaaiken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put Antione. I also knew Todd when he came out to the gorge. He car camped with a group of us. He was a fantastic guy and athlete and always great to be around. He loved to sail and be out here in the gorge.
I was glad to see this post about him. He will be missed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: