myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hillary's running mate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler.... I agree. In order to transition to the new normal with little undocumented workers bing hired, we have to deal with those that are here. I think the free market determines wages, and a reasonable wage will exist. Currently I pay the undocumented people I know a very healthy wage, IMO ...many multiples of minimum wage. I don't see an issue with exploitive wages being paid by big AG in CA.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what percentage of the 2.6 million undocumented workers in California are now being paid the $9.00 minimum wage, plus time and a half overtime for working more than 40 hrs per week?

Any oversight for this? What are they getting for contributing 130 billion annually to the Calif. economy?
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!
Don't screw up the intent with reality, we all know that the intent is much more important than the results.
Intent is the dems life blood, w/o it they'd be doomed.
Hope! Their mantra.
Results, eh, not so much.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Chandler.... I agree. In order to transition to the new normal with little undocumented workers bing hired, we have to deal with those that are here. I think the free market determines wages, and a reasonable wage will exist. Currently I pay the undocumented people I know a very healthy wage, IMO ...many multiples of minimum wage. I don't see an issue with exploitive wages being paid by big AG in CA.

The insanity of all this is that many of these families could easily move back to Mexico or points south. Most still have parents and family there. Liberals act outraged that we could tear them away from OUR COUNTRY. Many don't even like this country and ship their earnings back to the south.

This would be similar to a move from SF to LA.

I think a compromise would be to let them travel freely (with background checks) back and forth. No work permits unless they'd been here for more than 10 years. (they travel freely now anyway) And quick deportation if they didn't register as a foreign guest or had been here less than 10 years. Quick deportation would be 30 days or less.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here comes NW and Bard making up things that they assume us "liberals" think or want. But they ignore what we actually write, and return to talking points. An act of desperation.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more with NBC's new golden boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Todd: Hillary Wouldn't Be Frontrunner 'If She Were Running to Be the Second Woman President'

9:44 AM, Sep 9, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER

Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd said last night on the Charlie Rose Show that if Hillary Clinton were running to be the second woman president of the United States -- and not the first -- "she would not even be considered a frontrunner."

"If she were running to be the second woman president, I think she would not even be considered a frontrunner," said Todd. "She'd be just considered another candidate."

Todd continued, "One thing I think that Washington media gets wrong: There is a Clinton fatigue problem, but it's in the press corps. I think there's much less Clinton fatigue in the Democratic party than there is in the press corps. Which, by the way, is going to be a separate challenge for her. The press that's going to cover her is going to cover her with less enthusiasm and more skepticism than the way Democratic activists are going to embrace her and be enthusiastic about her.

"All that said, she is naturally not the populist liberal that I think the Democratic party would like to have. And she's naturally not the -- I want to say isolationist but -- she's not somebody who wants a more reserved foreign policy. She's much more hawkish than where the Democratic party is on foreign policy, and she's much more pro-business than where the Democratic party is.

"So, position wise -- I would argue she's kind of out of step of where the Democratic party is going to be in 2016, but I think the enthusiasm to break that glass ceiling may allow her to overcome those other issues."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Which goes back to my contention of "intent is much more important than the results", as being the backbone of the dem party.
It's more important to finally have a woman president, then it is having a good president, no matter the gender.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NW
If my mom had balls, she'd be my father.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had spent any time in Thailand, you wouldn't joke about things like that!
http://9gag.com/gag/80150/thailand-challenge-who-is-a-girl-guy
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother in law lives in Phuket, I'll forward him the link...funny stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: