myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nearly Decapitated Today at Rooster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
castaneda87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Nearly Decapitated Today at Rooster Reply with quote

I was sailing my funboard today at Rooster, minding my own business, when I spotted a kiter (or is it kiteboarder) heading directly at me. I expected it to raise his kite to allow me passage, but I soon realized the shimmering lines were headed for my neck. I bailed before the razor tight lines could sever my not ready for the other side head. As the kiter passed and I gasped for air, he yelled something which sounded like "get out of my way windsurfer, this is kiter territory now...I caught a glimpse of his weathered face and realized it was a former pole boarder that had succumb to the dark side....[/quote]
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to his vehicle. Look on top of his rear tire or inside his bumper. Open his car, eat his lunch, and strangle his dog. Shit on the driver's seat, put a cherry bomb in the shit, and light it. Send his car over the embankment onto the river bed. Then gather some fellow WSers and put him in the hospital when he comes ashore ... if he can come ashore at all despite the rain of big rocks pelting him every time he gets in range. He'll be an easy target whether climbing the stairs or the embankment beside them. Let him crawl to the nearest phone booth -- I think there's still one outside Powell's Book Store -- and call an ambulance. Meanwhile, phone his wife and mother and inform them that if his legs can be saved and he ever does anything like that again, they won't see him again.

At that point I'd call it equal and give him one more chance to step from the primordial ooze into the human race.

OTOH, if his name is Benito (or Mark), he's had all the chances he deserves.
westender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly Decapitated Today at Rooster Reply with quote

That guy sounds like a real Kook. I would expect former windsurfing kiters to be safe and yield when necessary. If you could hear what he said, that's really close.

He should have been upstream in the 12" butter.

castaneda87 wrote:
.I caught a glimpse of his weathered face and realized it was a former pole boarder that had succumb to the dark side....
[/quote]
surfersteve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Iso. When I have thoughts like that I feel like a lunatic. When you write it the words make complete sense.
castaneda87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, the incident with the Kiter did happen. For a split second I feared for my life. But if you read my original post carefully, you can tell that I wrote it in jest after a few beers.

The kiter is a good windsurfing buddy of mine and as he explained it, he was avoiding another kiter when he lowered his lines in front of me. Since I bailed and used my sail as a shield, I'm not sure how close the lines came, but he tells me it wasn't very close. Yes he yelled at me when I surfaced from under my sail, but what he said was colored by the huge grin on his face.

Rooster is a crowded place on a warm easterly day, but most of the time, we stay our of each others way.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with stupid rants like that is that if I ever actually did anything like that, this would establish premeditation. But they're fun, and they express what I (and no doubt many of us) feel like doing to so-called "people" like that. Presuming it happened only once, I'd be much more likely to just call the sheriff and have him busted for ADW if I had any proof, as the guy had when Benito deliberately rammed him at Roosevelt.

Barring proof ... where are his danged keys?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castaneda87 wrote:
The kiter is a good windsurfing buddy of mine and as he explained it, he was avoiding another kiter when he lowered his lines in front of me. Since I bailed and used my sail as a shield, I'm not sure how close the lines came, but he tells me it wasn't very close. Yes he yelled at me when I surfaced from under my sail, but what he said was colored by the huge grin on his face.

That sheds a whole new light on this particular case, presuming he's right about the space he gave you. OTOH, I misjudged a similar game years ago and cut a downed friend's Skinny mast tip in two, and the Dangler will regret it if he ever passes within elbow's length of my head in the water again. Insanity is no excuse for life-threatening aggression.
westender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that before and after drinking and was fooled by your comments both times.

castaneda87 wrote:
if you read my original post carefully, you can tell that I wrote it in jest after a few beers.

ascott72

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written in jest? That is not clear from a quick read of the original post and the title is still out there on the forum list. Are there any real safety issues worth discussing here? If not, there is no need to stoke conflict between windsurfers and kiters. Can I suggest getting this thread deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: