myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Might try RI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpeter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Might try RI Reply with quote

Lars, some wind forecast for RI at this moment. Scarlboro beach ? If u'r not traveling far north.

I have a few thoughts on the day, but can't go too far

JP
jpeter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Windy Reply with quote

No need to travel far today, NNE wind in RI, Side off where I was gusty as hell. Got beat up pretty good, I was about an hour behind the rigging curve. No whitecaps AM, 5.7. One run on that sail as the wind came up during rigging. 4.7 next, it felt kind of full so flatten and downhaul. Then it was good for a 1/2 hour. Never went to 4.2, kept going out on 4.7 getting beaten up. Waves were looking so nice. A few surfers and me, done at 1:00

JP

5MG_29938 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.13 KB
 Viewed:  5565 Time(s)

5MG_29938 copy.jpg

DrWind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay

Thanks for trying to reach me for today. Unfortunately could not take a long trip to sail. As I had to be back by 6. Ended up down in New Haven at Lighthouse Pt. Sailed for a solid 3 hours on a flattened 5.0. Was originally planning to head to NE coast of MA.

Nice spindrift on those waves. Was it taken at Scarborough. I recall the breakers tend to be out further.

Lars
jpeter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the other side of pt Judith, hence the offshore wind. I was told that scarboro was best at low tide, but the high tide morning was my window. Glad you got some.
CHeers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: