myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-10-2014 Reply with quote

Out at Natural Bridges today. Fun day. Blowing 20 mph out by the buoy, in the high teens just outside the kelp, in the single digits near shore. There was that gradient from the shore out, but what surprised me was how steady it was. Autumn winds have a reputation of being gusty. Not the case today at 'Bridges.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Two straight windy days - a gift this late in the season. Best time was from 2 to 4. Neither the forecast or the meter readings do this location justice. You just have to be there to see what's going on.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
That looks sweet! Of course Kevin has the best shot of all. That is you top turning, Kevin?

Heh that's me on my 101 freestyle board and my biggest, grippiest fin... 20cm

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
LeeD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uneven but fun Larkspur on Monday.
5.5, 109 board, good on the inside, a little over on the outside (gusts to 30), but generally, long smooth runs from mid prison to the tule grass.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-19-2014 Reply with quote

Fun day at NB today. West swell coming in. Took out the Naish Titan with an Ezzy 7.0 Cheeth for the first hour. Wind was about 15 knots. Caught one swell that was head high and sailed it in to the break at sidewalks riding the shoulder and thought that might be the wave of the day for me as the wind started to lighten up. Changed the board to the Angulo 10' 10" and was able to catch and play on more of the swell. Some only knee to waist high, but a few really fun head high sets. Windsurfed for two more hours. So many good rides I do not know which one was the wave of the day.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10=21-2014 Reply with quote

Another fun day at NB. Similar to Sunday, but the wind overall was lighter so on the Wind-SUP the whole time. Waves sometimes were in the 8 to 10 foot range. Definitely thrilling on a Wind-SUP. Up to six surfers out with folk rotating in and out. Some of them were getting tubed.
Wind was dying about 3:45 so had to call it a day.
Definitely enjoying this west swell.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-23-2014 Reply with quote

Out again at Natural Bridges today. Angulo 10'10" and Ezzy 7.0. Almost did not go as the wind was so light, but glad that I did. With wind only about 12 knots the Wind-SUP still clicked with the west swell coming in. Well the wind started coming in extended puffs and the waves were in occasional sets so it was a game of cat and mouse, but when the cat and the mouse showed up at the same time the race was on. Only thigh to waist high swell today with the occasional chest high swell. Usually only two surfers out at a time. Not as fun as Tuesday and definitely not as fun as Sunday, but still fun and nice to be out this late in the season.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent close to head high sets today, on the outer reef at A.L. with 4.7 wind, no complaints, it makes everything in life great.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Bodega Sat. Nov. 1 Reply with quote

Wind at buoy looked promising, and it delivered. I went out on 5.3 and was alternately u/p and o/p, which is another way of saying that my skills are retrograde. Gust 30 is a bit much for me on that sail.

Two other sailors on 6.0, and numerous kites.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 11-04-2014 Reply with quote

I have just got a brand spankin' new Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. My old one was destroyed in the kelp strand loaded shore break around a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to christen this new one and mother nature has not been providing much wind during the times I was available. Today was beautiful and while the wind was light, I decided that today was the day.
About 8 knots of wind so I rigged it for light wind. Ezzy has a new marker on the sail with rigging instructions for using it for the downhaul setting. I checked it out at home first and my Fiberspar mast, although not an Ezzy, seemed to match up without having to change the guide position. The settings seemed to do well as the Angulo 10'10" SUP responded nicely to being powered by this sail. I could move at decent speed and everything felt well-balanced. I tacked up the coast from Natural Bridges, found a good break, which I think is 'Secrets' and played on some swell there. The swell was not enough to do much at 'Sidewalks', but here it created significant surfing waves.
I continued up the coast to a little past Pirates Cove, about 2-1/2 miles up from Natural Bridges as the crow flies. A lot longer if you are tacking up on a Sail-SUP without a daggerboard. Then I sailed back, generally on broad reaches. When I got back to that good break, two surfers were out on it. So I rode some waves there before continuing back on down the coast. I sailed some more off of Natural Bridges and then came in as the wind died. Packed up and left as the sun was setting.
I sure do like my new sail! Thanks, Joe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 75 of 329

Jump to: