myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter "Fraud" or voter disenfranchisement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that trying to limit the vote is an absolutely awful idea. Especially one based on this evidence:
\
Quote:
An official in the Texas attorney general's office testified during a federal trial last month that in 10 years, only two instances of in-person vote fraud had been found in the state.

How can that fact be cherry-picked or spun? Let's see.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Many have fought and died for the right to vote" and now Gybe supports the movement to take their vote away if they are Dems.
He thinks it is needed because of those two guys in Texas.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those two didn't change the outcome--but Republicans in multiple states are hoping that their efforts skew the vote to their party.

Tell me again about the rabbits.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I get the classic dodge from mrgybe, to include worthless commentary to deflect the issue. I guess that's all I can expect from him. He's smart enough to know that many states, particularly the ones in the south, have voting regulations that aren't uniform and fair to all parties, but he just can't admit it. What does that say about him and his view of the issue?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it exactly that you want me to say? I have responded to you, courteously, with my opinion, twice on the same topic. Do you expect me to waste my time answering every question you can think up when all I've had from you is silly personal accusations. Is it any wonder that I generally don't bother to respond to you, or to the Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne impersonators that preceded you?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe said
"I didn't respond to your earlier post because you are so lacking in understanding I didn't want to embarrass you."

Later post he summed up that statement this way.
".. I have responded to you courteously ......

Followed by another insult against some other posters.
Rude or just arrogant?
He is showing so little class here he doesn't know the difference.
We do.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove one of those vans Bard, for the Young Republicans.
Perhaps I can remind you that we had no idea how our passengers were going to vote when they called for a ride.
At that time the GOP supported democracy and worked to get out the vote for patriotic reasons.
Do only Dems give voters of both parties a ride in Cal? Sad , really sad.
Do the Teas give voters a ride if they need one?
The rank and file seem like that kind of folks, but maybe leaders like Palin and Cruz wouldn't allow it.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC--at least we can enjoy the irony, if not the quality of the discourse. This is my nominee for funniest post of the current election run-up:

Quote:
I have responded to you, courteously

If he thinks that is true, he may be the battiest of the righties. But then I do believe he also thinks he is funny.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
KC--at least we can enjoy the irony, if not the quality of the discourse. This is my nominee for funniest post of the current election run-up:

Quote:
I have responded to you, courteously

If he thinks that is true, he may be the battiest of the righties. But then I do believe he also thinks he is funny.

Pueno, you guys are the same person!
But maybe separated at birth.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

Pueno, you guys are the same person!
But maybe separated at birth.

Fox News host caught red handed lying about fake voting scandal

Source

With less than two weeks away from the 2014 midterm elections, Republicans are expected to make gains in the Senate, possibly enough to put them in the majority. While most polls show this as the most likely outcome, one Fox News host has already laid out an excuse if the Republicans don't get their way.

The topic of voter fraud has become a very partisan issue in American politics. Republicans have introduced, and in some cases, signed into law questionable voter ID laws that they claim help curb potential voter fraud. Democrats don't see it that way, and instead criticize Republicans for engaging in voter suppression by holding down a large majority of voters who would normally vote for Democratic candidates. The topic of voter fraud, or voter suppression, is a mainstay on Fox News, especially during election season. This was the case earlier this week when a controversial report was made on the network.

It happened on Tuesday night on the October 21 edition of "The Kelly File" on Fox News. Host Megyn Kelly reported on an election law that the Democratic governor of Colorado had signed over a year ago. Kelly claimed that the law "literally allows residents to print ballots from their home computers, then encourages them to turn ballots over to 'collectors'" Kelly commented that it seemed that this was the Democrats way of doing away with traditional polling places, sarcastically saying "what could go wrong?"

The problem with Kelly's report is that it turned out to be false and misleading.
This was called out on the October 24 edition of "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC. Host Rachel Maddow said that Kelly and Fox News simply"made it up." The local NBC affiliate was quick to fact check Fox News over their report and said that "Fox News host Megyn Kelly's program incorrectly told viewers that Colorado voters are now able to print ballots using their home computers and vote by turning them in." NBC News points out that the only people allowed to print ballots are Military members and overseas voters who can obtain a ballot by email, to which they can print it out and return it with a signed affidavit by traditional mail.

Fox News has often been accused of promoting Republican ideology, while pushing back against policies supported by Democrats. Republicans are expected to gain seats in congress this upcoming election, but if they don't, it won't be because of alleged "scandals" out in Colorado.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 13 of 67

Jump to: