myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
question to WindSport Magazine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall let Windsport answer for themselves.

Boards UK in print comes out TWICE a year.

Windsurf UK is monthly issue, but something tells me they skip a month or 2 for the annual subscription.

any other , and there are many are printed in RX: German , French .

Windsport is the only North American copy.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
pdk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
Hope this addresses a bunch of stuff from the above posts...

I apologize for the issue's getting out late (or if you haven't seen it at all). If you haven't seen your issue(s) please e-mail me directly at pdk@sbcmedia.com and I'll look into it...or if you have any other questions/comments/concerns.

The way the tests work is that we try to evaluate gear and let people know what gear each individual rider will like. There isn't much "bad" stuff out there, just gear that suits certain riders better than others. For example, a pro rider can get a lot more performance out of a certain piece of gear that a amateur will possibly hate. With that said we limit our tests to gear brands that support the magazine. If we find a piece of gear that we absolutely hate then we'll contact the brand during the test as it is possible that something is wrong (this happened once when a brand switched mast manufacturers mid-season and it totally changed a sails performance). We'll work hard to partner up with everyone in the future so we can get a more complete test.

I will always support North American riders like Matt Pritchard whether they are on a brand that supports Windsport or not. Matt has done more for my wavesailing than anyone else (well him and Punta San Carlos/Solosports)...he is always in my ear telling me to go for the lip! The story about the Tabou board was by Mitch Gingrich and was not a test.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you,
Pete DeKay
Windsport editor (pdk@sbcmedia.com)
adywind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm subscribed for the online editions of Boars and Windsurf magazines and I read them on my IPhone. I would subscribe to Windsport aswell if there is an online edition. Any future plans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: