myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
RR... What is your sport? As a fan.

I don't have one. I have never sat and watched an entire professional "main stream" sporting event in my life. I don't get the appeal of watching someone else play hockey, baseball, football, basketball. I'd rather "do" than swoon. I know I'm the exception or they wouldn't be filling stadiums.

Last night I was watching the live stream of the AWT - Aloha Classic, and after watching for 15 minutes I was bored when I realized it's more fun watching my friends sail locally in "my" real world conditions, and that these "gods of windsurfing videos" aren't as great as they're made out to be.

I used to play a ton of volleyball and could only sit and watch pros smash the ball at Mach II for so long until it got boring too.

My friends make fun of me not wanting to watch pro sports but then they're all out of shape and can't do anything other than push buttons on the tv remote. When one of my friends asked what I do like to do, I responded that I liked mountain biking and windsurfing. He look at me like I had two heads. He now jokes that my sport is sheep herding.

I love watching people create things, mechanical things that require skill, talent, vision, logic, and creativity.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. I like both .. I'm a CAT 1 MTB rider, I like challenging mast high conditions at Waddell , or Pistol, and I also like watching baseball and football , tanking brews on my couch...
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see reinerehlers point. Yet, I can understand folks watching and enjoying sports as a spectator, especially when you're seeing the best folks in the sport play the game. Where things get a little too bizarre is the extremism of being a dedicated and fanatic fan. Sanity can be so easily lost in that role.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: