myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tendon or Mechanical Base
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
isobars wrote:
My beef with booties is their tendency to snag in the straps at the worst possible moment, threatening my ankles and knees.

Since there is no data to back up your statement & those of us who have worn booties for years have not experienced your dilemma with booties there can only be one conclusion. Your foot straps were too tight or the booties you wore too big.

After trying dozens of different booties with countless boards with 3 X countless straps, I have tons of data supporting MY beef with booties:

On a large scale are the MANY times ... almost the only times ... my knees or ankles felt on the verge of injury because booties hung up exiting straps in jibes. The flip side of that coin is when they hang up entering the straps and it leads to falls into very cold water. Ergo, no booties for me. Besides ... all together now ... if it's cold enough that I need booties, I also need gloves, and I don't do gloves.

On a small but more spectacular scale is the time I lost an Okespor 5mm dry bootie in a catapult, gave up looking for it, then couldn't get even my bare foot in the back strap because that's where the lost bootie was wedged. Tip: it took many minutes of thumb-breaking effort to shed Okespore dry booties when ya WANTED to take them off.

Besides, there are several valid alternative explanations:
A lifelong history of ankle injuries has left me paranoid.
I have (or at least had) no knee injuries and want to keep it that way.
My jibes leave little time for errors/hangups.
I've always preferred snug straps.
My feet are flat top and bottom, and wedge firmly into any straps.
Booties are improving; my split-toed Ninjas are pretty danged good in that regard ... so far ... but then I'm nit jumping in them because my surgeon said no way in hell ... last season.
I'm just clumsy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: