myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can't get current wind data on phone, Support non-responsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Can't get current wind data on phone, Support non-responsive Reply with quote

I realize that we're supposed to direct account and technical questions directly to Weatherflow Support. However, they don't respond, so I'll try this route.

My latest message to them after the first was ignored is this. Can anyone help me fix these problems?

Just as the Gorge season is about to start, I can't get current wind data on my smart phone. All I get is an "Update to Gold or Wireless Web!" message. Your website says all Pro adds is $5/mo, "premium service" and a wind meter, so I just want to go back to the Wireless Web service I've had for years. I can find no way to do that, and support requests are being ignored. (I somehow got bumped into a pay-by-the-month Pro membership which is supposed to include current wind data but does not, and I got no response to my Support request to fix that problem.)

Another issue I haven't tried with them yet (why bother if they won't even respond when there's money involved?): I cannot change the list of sites displayed on my smart phone. I jump through all their MyWind custom setup hoops, but cannot get rid of sites which are no longer functional, such as Arlington.
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious question. Are you logged in on your phone? Mine says at the top "johnl (pro)". Showing I'm logged in and I have pro membership. Everything works fine except if I click on the gorge forecasts then I get the same message you got because the gorge forecasts haven't started yet... I had no problem editing and removing stations from my "favorites".
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Obvious question. Are you logged in on your phone? Mine says at the top "johnl (pro)". Showing I'm logged in and I have pro membership. Everything works fine except if I click on the gorge forecasts then I get the same message you got because the gorge forecasts haven't started yet... I had no problem editing and removing stations from my "favorites".

1. No login is required for iWAP data, which is quicker, cleaner, and more convenient than websites and apps.
2. The website says that Pro includes real time data, but it says right on my phone screen that "Access to real-time weather station data and forecasts requires a Wireless Web or GOLD Membership."
3. GOLD is supposed to include the wind Meter, which I've never received but for which I have no use.
4. I have no need for forecasts until the river temp tops 46 degrees; I just want the system to work by that time.
5. It's easy to add/delete stations from my favorites, and that's supposed to change my wireless web "playlist", but it doesn't.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not be more reasonable and just give iWindsurf a call during business hours? Whining and complaining online like you're doing right now, and most likely in your earlier contacts, just might be the reason why no one wants to work with you. Attitude is everything.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why not be more reasonable and just give iWindsurf a call during business hours? Whining and complaining online like you're doing right now, and most likely in your earlier contacts, just might be the reason why no one wants to work with you. Attitude is everything.

Is it any wonder you're killfiled, given your almost total dedication to unfounded personal assaults ... even when I'm simply requesting help? Are you emotionally incapable of offering useful, topical responses like John's? The only responses I've ever gotten from polite requests to iW were from Geohay, who follows these forums. He has proven by FAR to be the best path to iW assistance.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your first post you complained 5 times that iWindsurf wasn't responding to your requests, and you get uptight and feel assaulted because someone calls you on your whining and reminds you that attitude is everything? It's no wonder that you have such a hard time getting along with folks here.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even going to read your response, because I'm willing to bet you a good WSing board that it answers/reinforces the questions in my previous post.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions beyond John's?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As hoped, posting here has solved the problem. iW/Weatherflow spotted the thread, quickly responded, explained that they had not received any of my requests for help via Contact Us and Support, gave me multiple excellent corrective options, and will probably have my iWAP access back this morning. After a three-day nightmare with Dish Network and a few medical setbacks, this has been a highlight in my last six months.

Thank you, iWindsurf.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAnnnnnd just like that, WAP is back. Great service, iW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: