myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
We need advice to buy a windsurfer for our situation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it Craig! You're pining for those good old days when life was young and fresh, and there seemed to be no limit to what may come to pass. (But we now know better, don't we!)

Sadly, I'm not tittering; I'm full of woe. My poor faithful old Bic Bamba is now (officially) beyond repair and no longer safe to take far out to sea. No more shall it 'gallumph' across the swell (and miles) on our little adventures, as some distant island hoves into view. (Or old yachtsmen drop their mouths open in astonishment, and their teeth fall out! - Fingals Cave exploit, 1991.)

It looks as though the Kona must now, alone, take up the challenge, but no, I won't be buying the newer super carbon version much as I may lust after one (the new filly on the block).

Durability with reliability is all!
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joethewindsufa wrote:
What about early planing winds 15-16 knots ???
And in bigger winds ~20 knots ??

Wouldn't the CAT and Equipe do "better" in all conditions ??

When racing on a triangle course, probably. When it comes to pure fun, no. Once the BIC 293 planes, it more fun than a Cat. It feels like a shortboard, and jibes well.

But the longboards will be more fun if the wind is too light to plane consistently. They'll keep going faster as the wind picks up; the BIC has a more pronounced step between slow and fast. Technique to get going is a bit different, too, since the BIC can take a larger fin. If you're used to only one kind of boards, adjusting to the other kind may take a little while.
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what Ittiandro needs to hear

with a 46-48 cm fin and 8-oh on the BIC 293 of 80 cm width in 15-16 knots should be LOTS o' FUN !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: