myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Um… Goats? Board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: GOATS!!! Reply with quote

Aw, Costa Rica in the Springtime. Cool pic of members of the Lake Arenal Sailing and Goat Herding Association! I believe their names are Bille and Bobbie, shred on guys!!! Bull away! P.S. Didn't know goats could take selfies...
carl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
I always cruise home quite slowly after a good session...a bit quicker on the way there. Here's my old GMC I've owned since 1970...It's hauled my gear since I started sailing. Along with surfboards, motorcycles, garbage and assorted hippies.

Nice 1958 GMC,,,defiantly worth $$$ if restored.
I've seen it in action at the dog park launch several times.
jroberts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: my goat Reply with quote

two of my goats. Not fast.

and for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oehXqEoAIbM

It's worth it.

DSC03298.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB
 Viewed:  13137 Time(s)

DSC03298.jpg

PAmuddog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late on this subject but do have some info for ISO:

http://www.musclecarfacts.com/pontiac-gto/71-1964-gto

Specifically the Car & Driver test data in 3/1964.....0-60 in 4.6 seconds, 13.1 seconds @ 114mph quarter mile. Probably the Tri Power option with sticky tires and pro driver. Impressive though for an off the shelf 1964 car!

Back in the early 70's I upgraded my buddies stock 4bbl to a Tri Power. WOW....what a difference. ISO is dead right about the wimpy breaks.....it takes FOREVER to stop from 100+mph.

Now I just need to get my diesel Vanagon back on the road!

AND I agree the board looks like the Sunset Slalom. I never owned one but demoed a used one back in the day as well. Early planer and easily planes through jibes. Didn't F2 bring this shape back?

Hoping for some decent wind soon!
Jaipal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep the thread alive, I went up to the farm the other day. (Not exactly my thing but the kids loved it. More up my alley, the Ocean Vodka distillery is just next door.)

Boards all over the place at the farm. For you Berkeley people, there are a couple of circa 1989 Windwing sails gracefully aging on display. One is a 4.6 Convertible for those of you who might care. Fun back in the day!

Here is a better picture of the board. It has a Tuttle fin. Longer than I imagined from the picture I originally downloaded from the internet. Anyone care to take a stab at the make now?

-J

IMG_1262.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.07 MB
 Viewed:  13086 Time(s)

IMG_1262.JPG

PAmuddog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I can now clearly see the square tail. The Sunset Slalom had a pin tail, and the one I rode was yellow.

This is looking more like a custom build.

Could this possibly be a Mike Zaichek custom copy of the Sunset Slalom? I know of several old time Dawgs back in the day that would have Mike make a slightly tweaked lighter version of their favorite board. Someone should check the serial #.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who sold epoxy board kits out by the Oakland coliseum? Whoever it was, I built one in the eighties that looked just like that one.
mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Who sold epoxy board kits out by the Oakland coliseum? Whoever it was, I built one in the eighties that looked just like that one.

That was JK Engineering better known in the windsurfing community as Meritex. He was really ahead of his time with the computer controlled blank and fin shaping machines. He also made some really nice blade fins from G10. I built several boards using his blanks. He also made blanks for the early Mike's Lab boards.
carl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAmuddog wrote:
I'm a bit late on this subject but do have some info for ISO:

http://www.musclecarfacts.com/pontiac-gto/71-1964-gto

Specifically the Car & Driver test data in 3/1964.....0-60 in 4.6 seconds, 13.1 seconds @ 114mph quarter mile. Probably the Tri Power option with sticky tires and pro driver. Impressive though for an off the shelf 1964 car!

Back in the early 70's I upgraded my buddies stock 4bbl to a Tri Power. WOW....what a difference. ISO is dead right about the wimpy breaks.....it takes FOREVER to stop from 100+mph.

!

It's interesting how different the 0-60 results were in the different magazines for the 389 tri-power GTO:
4.6 sec Car and Driver
5.7 Road and Track
6.6 Car Life

The text of the article agrees with the Car Life 6.6 sec. I wonder what mods Car and Driver made to make that 4.6 time, probably not a stock car at that point.
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data reported was probably commensurate to the contributions (whatever they were) to the Car and Driver test.

However, from my limited experience that GTO is the winner in providing g-force acceleration.

But that was back in the day. I now get my g-force fix with tight high speed carving jibes........much safer!

BTW......I love the online spell check! It is really helping my dyslexia Very Happy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: