myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Waterproof Phone Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsiskind2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Waterproof Phone Case Reply with quote

Anyone have a waterproof phone case that really works (and has a headphone jack)? My dead phone is proof that the H2o Audio Cases aren't up to the task.
jmakers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your loss Sad

Maybe you'd be better off with "waterproof" bluetooth headset -- less risk to your phone which is more of a pain to replace, then you could stick with a more tried and true waterproof case for the phone (without jack)
damel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeproof
http://www.lifeproof.com/en/

beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my research there are some cases that are quite waterproof for a very shallow depth but I don't really trust them completely. Get good insurance for the phone if you go that route and maybe start with a water resistant phone, add the case, there is also a service that waterproofs the inside of the phones components.
I'm convinced the phone companies don't want their phones to be waterproof because so many are damaged this way they make a lot of money selling replacements. Of course they could make a phone completely waterproof if they wanted, just look at dive computers.
ronadler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Lifeproof case which has a headphone jack for iPhone 4s. It works fine and fits inside my wetsuit (on a cord). I use it mainly at TI and Crissy where Coast Guard rescue might be needed. You can also use it for the Apps that log your route, distance and top speed. When sailing Berkeley, Isabel or Delta I just use an iPod shuffle for musical inspiration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: