myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ted Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Ted Cruz is a principled Republican. He'd be a much better choice than Obama or Clinton. Walker Rubio, Walker Cruz, Rand Paul Rubio or Cruz would beat Clinton.

America is sick of the liberal ideology and divisive politics.

Unlikely. The GOP candidate will need to carry Ohio...cannot win without. Kasich/Rubio is a potential ticket. The rest...not so much. Especially Cruz. The Dems are probably praying for him to win the nomination.
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Ted Cruz is a principled Republican. He'd be a much better choice than Obama or Clinton. Walker Rubio, Walker Cruz, Rand Paul Rubio or Cruz would beat Clinton.
America is sick of the liberal ideology and divisive politics.

Ted Cruz - US President? The one who staged the pseudo-filibuster clownery, who suggested that accepting Obamacare was similar to appeasing Nazi Germany, who dishonestly or ignorantly argues that temperature measurements do not indicate global warming? A principled Republican these days, indeed.

Ted Cruz is a witty actor. It would be fantastic if he got on the Republican ticket for it would guarantee a Democratic president, but my guess is that he is putting on a "presidential campaign" to strengthen his case for a well-paid Fox "News" job. Respect.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ted Cruz is a principled Republican. He'd be a much better choice than Obama or Clinton."

Senator Cruz is a total snake. While I have to admit, his oratory abilities are skillful and fairly polished, my problem with him is what he's trying to sell. His twisted tune is so clearly a ruse and deception. If one was to dig into his funding sources, I'm sure it would tell a bent story.

Anyone that relies on religious BS to establish his character and credibility is a less than honest player in my view. Religion has no place in politics.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the fact that Senator Cruz is now signing up for healthcare insurance through the ACA.

He is losing his existing healthcare coverage through his wife's work, because she's currently bailing from her job at Goldman Sachs. Rather than be without health insurance, Cruz is claiming that he's just following the law. How noble of him to follow a law that his doesn't believe in or support for his fellow Americans.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

Senator Cruz is a total snake.

That's an insult to snakes. Dr. Seuss would not approve.

boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard.. I want to join you in Malibu and share some of whatever you are smoking. Ted Cruz is a clown, at best. Peter King republican in New York , calls him a carnival barker , I Agree. If you think any of the candidates you listed above could best Hill, I would like some of that action. You game?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Bard.. I want to join you in Malibu and share some of whatever you are smoking. Ted Cruz is a clown, at best. Peter King republican in New York , calls him a carnival barker , I Agree. If you think any of the candidates you listed above could best Hill, I would like some of that action. You game?

C'mon down! More TED!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ted-cruz-annihilates-gun-control-advocates-true-meaning-second-amendment/
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

C'mon down! More TED!

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ted-cruz-annihilates-gun-control-advocates-true-meaning-second-amendment/

Is Australia headed for tyranny? According to TC, it is.

TC ain't no expert on the 2nd Amendment. Even the bastion of conservative construction of the Constitution, Justice Scalia, recognizes that the ownership of "arms" may be properly regulated by the government. You can't own an RPG can you?

See: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER

There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was not unlimited, just as the First Amendment ’s right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S. ___ (2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose...Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember what trump said about lying ted and his wife, and ted is sucking up to trump even now... here is a short clip with trump calling ted the wimp all kinds of things..

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/watch/ted-cruz-walking-back-calling-the-jan-6-capitol-insurrection-a-terrorist-attack-slammed-by-joy-reid-and-guests-130407493821

Mary Trump: Donald Trump has found people weaker than he is whom he can bend to his will

Quote:
Ted Cruz walking back calling the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection a ‘terrorist attack’ is slammed by Joy Reid and her panel, who question what kind of hold Donald Trump has on the Republican Party.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: