myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a broken clock is right twice per day Wink
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Thu Apr 16: Mount Sutro Reply with quote

Stunning shining day, trail very dry but view of the city and the ocean on the way to the top of Mount Sutro was fantastic. My trusty Ibis Mojo was very happy that the wind was around 3 knots Very Happy
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on Saturday Reply with quote

Sailed my Angulo Windsup with a 7.5 Ezzy Cheetah out of New Brighton. Wind only 4 to 6 knots. Tacked up the coast heading for the surf I could see at Privates. Tried to catch a wave or two at the Capitola break, but the waves were too fast and the wind too light. Sailing through the Capitola anchorage I saw two kayaks following a couple of sea lions. Out a ways off of the anchorage a large pod of dolphins was cavorting about. When I got there they rigged for running silent and deep. The wind was increasing as I made my way west. Now in the 9 knot area.

The next tack took me in at Privates and I came in on a good wave that helped my advance up the coast. Rode some waves there that were quite good and perfectly shaped. The wind had started to swing a bit more west from its original southwest direction and started getting up and down. Ok if the wind was up when the set hit, but not something to count on. Decided to head on up to Pleasure Point.

Came in at Pleasure Point area just west of The Hook. Nice waves and the wind was stronger and steadier. Rode waves there and then tacked up around the surfers at O'Neill's and played on the waves at third peak. Such great waves! All sizes. Some were almost chest high, some one could barely see that there was a wave there. But that combo of Angulo and Ezzy catches waves like it has a net for them. I was having a great time riding these waves longboard style. Meanwhile, just over at 1st peak, the waves in the larger sets were coming in well overhead at times. Surfers were having a blast of their own.

I was having such a good time, I did not want to leave, but after about three quarters of an hour the wind lightened and I was a long ways from my launch. So I headed back. Caught waves at various points along the way including Privates and Capitola. The dolphins were in fine form way out off of Capitoal, jumping clear out of the water at times.

Made it in as the wind was dropping to about a knot. However it did come back up as I was de-rigging and loading the van. Made me think I had left the Pleasure Point area too soon. But I had been out for over three hours on that wonderful Monterey Bay and as I drove the four miles home the fog rolled in. Guess I timed it just right.
gerritt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your stories and adventures coming Windward!
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Sat Apr 18: TI Reply with quote

Great afternoon at TI with a crowd of sailors. At least 30 out!!! Quite weak inside but very powered up at the "church" buoy. Out with RRD 85 + 4.3 and big ebb swell.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sore
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fri-Sat...North Tower on fire ...In April? I'll take it.
LeeD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday quite good at Berkeley.
Previous two days, it died early, blew strong early, so everyone rigged kinda big.
Gusts of 26 from 3-6, smoother water than Sat., nice 5.8 slalom conditions.
In hindsight, 5.0 would have been a nice call.
ctuna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: San Luis Res 4/20/2015 1 pm to 5pm Reply with quote

San Luis Res 4/20/2015 1 pm to 5pm
Not as good a picture as the graph paints
Rigged a 5.3 using a Freewave 106 at 220lbs.
Pretty powered at times and not very at others.
Holes and Pulse power.
2 others showed up on the North side one sailing from the
Mederos side .
Water Level good no weeds. 220
There is some kind of construction in progress on 129 and the
Riverside Drive exit within the next few days you
might check for it before you go .
Looks like there is a chance of a few more good days this week.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Stick Apr 20 Reply with quote

Pretty bad conditions with wind up and down up and down up and down. 6.6 and slalom was sort of ok powered up for about 15'. Gray sky, one other windsurfer out, no tickets! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 82 of 329

Jump to: