myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A mast that won't leave you swimming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:08 pm    Post subject: A mast that won't leave you swimming Reply with quote

OK, so all masts can break. Especially once they get several years old. But, does anyone have a particular one that they swear by and that hasnt left them swimming even after very heavy use?
snip

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 4:22 pm    Post subject: RE: A mast that won't leave you swimming Reply with quote

yes, its a one piece Fiberspar about 12 years old thats been up & down both east and west coasts and dragged across the coral reefs in F.W.I. Cant break it - probably has an IMCS of 40 though.
cascblu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 9:59 pm    Post subject: RE: A mast that won't leave you swimming Reply with quote

What about this new Ezzy mast, has anyone tried it yet. It is a skinny but I dont know how skinny. Will try to look at one at WD this weekend. Maybe they will do trade ins.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 4:45 pm    Post subject: RE: A mast that won't leave you swimming Reply with quote

My Powerex Superwave and Z-Axis wave sure do NOT qualify. Remains to be seen what broke them; warranty service pending, but I value DURABILITY over warranty.

Mike \m/
Sailmunster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 12:28 am    Post subject: RE: Ampro! Reply with quote

Try an Ampro mast. Mines 16 years old. A Fiberspar 2000 is also a real strong mast. I dont think it will ever break... Dont buy the cheapo stuff from The House. As for the good stuff, $ versus durability is an inverse relationship.
OLAS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 11:17 am    Post subject: RE: NoLimitz Reply with quote

markhl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 7:38 am    Post subject: RE: A mast that won't leave you swimming Reply with quote

Brian Carlstrom of Windance in the Gorge claims they had a 5% failure rate in 99; with about 1% failure rate in the year 2000... They must have sold lots of 99 masts, because a lot of people walked up to me and claimed they had theres break after seeing me rig-up with them. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: