myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Before driving out east, check your data source
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merriam2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Port of Arlington needs to talk to the Port of Hood River about the access issue. HR has been modifying the waterfront for years including this winter a beautiful new launch at the west end of the Hook. Thanks to CGWA and the Port and the Waterfront Park volunteers for all the improvements!

hook-2-150x150.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.41 KB
 Viewed:  5852 Time(s)

hook-2-150x150.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried, but HR apparently has far more clout (and ca$h) than Arlington.
dhanson928

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Yes, launching isn't so bad but getting out of the water.... Reply with quote

I have launched in really nasty spots. Throwing first my board off and then the rig, dive or jump in and connect the two and sail away....but...coming back to shore and getting everything on shore without poking holes in the gear or breaking a leg on the Rip-Rap, that's the trick.
I sailed Roosevelt yesterday, BTW and my in-van thermometer showed 83f at 3:30! Warm for April. The water is on in the bathrooms, BTW..
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Rufus sucked. Doug's did not. Reply with quote

D, you can't post without stating how the windsurfing was! How was Roosevelt? I considered the drive while looking at the crap at Rufus until about 3pm when I decided to backtrack to Doug's. I was the only (unrigged) windsurfer there at the time and there were a couple kiters having fun. NO swell at that time. The current was strong as the dam gates were open. Confused water. Dozens of fishing poles hogging river access.

The conditions at Doug's were very good, finally, after almost everybody left, from about 4:30 to 6:30, small surfable swells and overpowered 4.2.

9a778e49cb82fac3fc45b090703d642d.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.01 KB
 Viewed:  5608 Time(s)

9a778e49cb82fac3fc45b090703d642d.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: