myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WTF is this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meritex? looks like a power box, but slightly off. meant to force its customers to buy meritex fins. thought they bankrupted....
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the legendary"thingamajig".....
WEISDA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: wtf box Reply with quote

Looks like it might be an adapter for a tiga cavity base fin without the machining for the bolts. Early models had 2 bolts like a tuttle, later models had a slot at the front with one bolt at the back. You had to trim the length of the A fin base to fit in this adapter by cutting off the screw tab and possibly also trimming the back.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is this? Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
I thought I was buying an adapter to use US box fins with a powerbox or Tuttle box, $22 on Ebay, came all the way from Germany.
US box fin will not fit in it, there is no way to secure a fin in it, will not fit inside Tuttle or Powerbox. Looks like it's meant to be built into a board then a broken fin re-potted into it? No response yet from seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221711002970?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks that way, and I do not see how an adaptor can work for both Power Box AND Tuttle!

I do have an old US to Tuttle adaptor in my garage, Fiberglass supply used to sell them. If you are interested drop me a PM. (the adaptor fits in the tuttle box and you put the US in it after you have removed the tabs. It won't fit a power box).
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf box Reply with quote

WEISDA wrote:
Looks like it might be an adapter for a tiga cavity base fin without the machining for the bolts. Early models had 2 bolts like a tuttle, later models had a slot at the front with one bolt at the back. You had to trim the length of the A fin base to fit in this adapter by cutting off the screw tab and possibly also trimming the back.

I think you are right, this is the only Tiga fin picture I could find,
http://www.sports-corner.co.uk/products/1282/tiga-windsurf-tuttle-3634cm-slalom-and-race-fin.html
I think it's a Tiga fin base, not box.
What I really need is a powerbox adapter to use US box fins in a powerbox board, without altering the US base fin, is such an item made?
WEISDA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: wtf box Reply with quote

Try Chinook in the gorge USA.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiga adapter. Minus barrel nuts and installation holes. Tuttle end planes as well as top/bottom planes are parallel to each other, respectively. Picture shows different. Meritex box likely less deep than that pictured.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys, it was sold for years, worked perfect.
You gotta cut the US Base to fit the adapter, then drill two holes thru the sides and pin it in place.
US fin's don't have the same length bases, as there is no standard, the standard only in width and depth, and depth depends on US or Euro box.
You know this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: