myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Background Checks in Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt that would happen IMO. I could hang at the beach with almost anyone on this forum and politics would not come up...never has.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Doubt that would happen IMO. I could hang at the beach with almost anyone on this forum and politics would not come up...never has.

Speculation? Even the notorious baja dean? Wink

Go to PSC and get Clarke talking politics. That dude's got some pretty interesting commentary. Love that guy, and hear he's one of Bard's buddies. Wink
nw30

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
NW How friendly is Arroyo for beginner/intermediate wave sailing? I found I could sail in relative comfort from the first day at PSC. And, in 8 days, we only missed one day on the water. It would save 5 hours of driving.

The beauty of PSC is that those of us that only get occasional wave sailing can have a great time (East Cape Baja and the Gorge swell does not count). Once you are there it is impossible to spend money!

If you were comfortable at PSC, you'd probably be the same at A.L. The only difference is you encounter the waves right from the shore, so you'll be going over white water right when you step onto your board, but it's small most of the time, like most of the summer.
You only hear about the waves when it's big, but that goes for almost anywhere along the coast.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when are we going? Levi Sivers' wave camp is $1K! Wazzup wit dat?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
NW How friendly is Arroyo for beginner/intermediate wave sailing? I found I could sail in relative comfort from the first day at PSC. And, in 8 days, we only missed one day on the water. It would save 5 hours of driving.

The beauty of PSC is that those of us that only get occasional wave sailing can have a great time (East Cape Baja and the Gorge swell does not count). Once you are there it is impossible to spend money!

If you were comfortable at PSC, you'd probably be the same at A.L. The only difference is you encounter the waves right from the shore, so you'll be going over white water right when you step onto your board, but it's small most of the time, like most of the summer.
You only hear about the waves when it's big, but that goes for almost anywhere along the coast.

One of the beauties of PSC is the side-off conditions. Its like a wave elevator...just step on and it take you out to the starting line....and provides you with power when you are on the wave...its like cheating!
NW , have you sailed Pistol? Does AL have the bone crushing 4-6 foot wind waves that break on your face as you attempt to get out?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will have to try the California coast again. My first experience (1982) was not stellar. I decided after I had learned to tack my Bic, I was ready for some waves. So, I rigged up at Seal Beach and hit the water. First wave crushed me, total yard sale! Bent my boom, tore the sail, "bent the fin". I had never seen anyone wave sail then!

I did sail once at Cabrillo a couple years back on a business trip.

Speaking of tough waves, I kited on a big day at SPI last fall. Not sure I could have made it out to the larger waves on a windsurfer without being able to cut and run as I could on my surfboard. The waves were dumping pretty close to shore. You guys that can sail that impress the hell out of me.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
So when are we going? Levi Sivers' wave camp is $1K! Wazzup wit dat?

Fall trip! Warm weather and no crowds on the "off Solo" weeks.

Last winter, I drove up the West Coast of Baja on a backroad and found some spot with side-off wind (at least from the sand dunes and bent bushes). The wave looked to be miles long. I was too chicken to try it alone and that day it was kite-able but not sailable and cold! Any of you guys ever try an unknown spot? Even contemplating rigging got me in trouble with the missus.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

One of the beauties of PSC is the side-off conditions. Its like a wave elevator...just step on and it take you out to the starting line....and provides you with power when you are on the wave...its like cheating!
NW , have you sailed Pistol? Does AL have the bone crushing 4-6 foot wind waves that break on your face as you attempt to get out?

Been there but haven't sailed it yet.

Yes, but only if you don't pay attention to the sets before stepping up.
Patience, timing, and power are your friends, similar to Waddell.
You can tell who hasn't had much experience in the waves when they launch just as a set is on the way in, only to get washed back up onto the sand in a very humbling way. It can be very entertaining.
But that can happen to anybody, it's specially fun when you end up vacuuformed under your sail in 6" of water and you can't get up.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

Speculation? Even the notorious baja dean? Wink

Go to PSC and get Clarke talking politics. That dude's got some pretty interesting commentary. Love that guy, and hear he's one of Bard's buddies. Wink

yep absolutely any racist I will chime in anywhere aanytime as you have noticed. As I told you before even your right wing hating buddies in the KKK I did not back down from even when that kind brings a gun to the discussion.

Oh thats right to you the KKK is not a hate group and people like that should just be left alone... just the ADL, Jewish defense league, and people who keep the subject in view are the haters.

Do not know who Clarke is, but sounds like you do go to remote windsurf places to get into political discussions.

Interestingly in my neck of the woods the majority of the gringo land owners are liberal from what I have seen/heard over the years. Not sure where the campground people sit on the fence because have only talked politics to one of them that was a right winger and nice guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: