myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Coyote May 28-29 Reply with quote

Good wind at Coyote, with the usual pattern of weakly inside and strong powered up 5.0 at the outside markers. The overcast reaches deep and I sail most of the time outside the sun. Nice swells but it is slack to flood and little by little it decreases in size. Still going strong at 6.0 when I leave after a little lull.

Traffic back to the city was pretty bad. Almost stopped, 20-25 miles/hour it took close to an hour to go back ... Yikes! Shocked

Day after pretty much the same. Powered up 5.0 at the outside markers. The whole place has just Robert, Z and I taking care of it! Long session lasting until 6, the wind still blowing. Commute a bit better but damn I wish the tech industry stayed in Silicon valley instead of moving to San Francisco!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by dvCali on Fri May 29, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
bert

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Third on Friday Reply with quote

4.2/90L trifin at Third, just enough sail for the 20 to 21 mph winds in the channel. Nice ebb swells., slowed the board down so I could ride and enjoy the swells and chop. Jibes were both the slow arcing kind mixed with sharp cornering turns that the 3 fins can give you. Done at 3 and able to beat the commute traffic..giving me plenty of time for my senior nap. Life is good.
Arkon

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't really know where to go yet for today: Third, Coyote, Crissy... ?

I think that the best bet is Third Avenue considering to iWindsurf graphs but I doubt a little about that.

Any recommandations ?
bert

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Coyote Reply with quote

Started with 5.0 then dropped it down to 4.2..a mistake because the SFO wind dipped below 20 around 3 pm. Came back up later but I had slogged back in by then. Small crowd at Coyote..,miss the old days.
Arkon

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pissed, I quit crissy field before the 5pm wind spike...
What would be a good bet for tomorow please ?
South wind so Crissy again maybe ? Please help, my father is coming from far away to see me Embarassed
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Crissy Slalom May 30! Reply with quote

Great day at Crissy with an incredible slalom turn out: 41 sailors in two series!!!!!

The day was not ideal, overcast and low wind and after the first A series race the wind dropped to make it into some slogging ... before coming up with a vengeance with easily 4.3 conditions at the starting line outside.

Fun Fun Fun Fun!!!!! Completely hooked. Unfortunately I could only do two races (east coast visitors!) but after just one series I am already sailing and managing conditions I would not have considered otherwise. Thanks sooooo much to the organizers!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Sun May 31, 2015 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
carl

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkon wrote:
I am pissed, I quit crissy field before the 5pm wind spike...
What would be a good bet for tomorow please ?
South wind so Crissy again maybe ? Please help, my father is coming from far away to see me Embarassed

Not sure what your father has to do with the wind at Crissy, unless you mean
"Our Father".
Note: There are professional forecasts on this website. just click on "daily briefing" on the left and you'll know as much as we do. Crissy's forecast for today: "wind outside towards north tower but weak inside, fog permitting"
Just looking at the fog about 1 pm before you head out, you can often
tell if Crissy or the peninsula is going to be good, lots of fog, go further inland. ("further inland" has been rewarding this unusual May. Also the strong wind seems to be coming up later, Coyote did the same yesterday for awhile, but maybe not today according to forecast) .
poussin

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Sherman island delivers Reply with quote

Great session at Sherman Island yesterday.
Bay has been a bit foggy and less reliable. Sherman has been pretty consistant.
Definitely worth the drive......especially on an ebb.
Warm, sunny weather, no wetsuit needed, plenty of WARM wind and a great place for the after session beer.
Delta Daze are here for the taking........
Get some!

Greg Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Berkeley on Sunday Reply with quote

Some dude from the past once said " Go west young man".., in my case it was go east old guy. Thought about Rio but ended up at Berkeley this Sunday. Came at the right time as the wind was peaking when I launched at Lordships restaurant after 2 pm with a 5.0/90L 3 fin waveboard. Rarely sail here and enjoyed going into the swells/chop on starboard tack. Nice group of sailors there as well as curious restaurant patrons who came up to chitchat as I was rigging and derigging. Traffic on the maze was still heavy, even on the weekend.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Crissy June 2-4 Stick 5-7 Reply with quote

First real May day at Crissy (too bad it is June): sunny, windy (5.0/85), almost as good as it gets there. After 3 weeks of horrible weather it was about time Very Happy Lots of windsurfers out enjoying the breeze.

But forget the sunshine: June 3rd is almost as gray as it can get, . Out again with 5.0 (do I rig anything else?) the wind increase steadily with big gusts. Decide to soldier on (the Firelight is great in overpowered conditions) and have nice couple of hours. When I leave at 4:30 the wind has gone down quickly to just barely enough for 5.0 but it might be coming back.

Sunny again! 5.0 start perfect at 2:30 but around 4:00 the wind gets stronger and the ebb REALLY kicks in. Hard going, not too pleasant, and I stop around 5:00 ...

And then the fog rolls in and I migrate to the Stick to get some sun. What better place to train for slalom. Two days with the Isonic 110 and 6.6, nicely powered up but low max speeds: 28.45 and 27.9 knots on June 5 and 6, respectively. Probably need a 7.3 to brake the 30 knots barrier with the "big" board ... June 7 is much windier (and VERY crowded!) and I grab the CA 58 still with the 6.6 that is very overpowered. Disappointingly I only manage a max speed of 29.6 knots ... not sure what is going on a couple of years ago I was consistently over 30 ...

Last edited by dvCali on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 89 of 329

Jump to: