myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Greek Islands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pweseley

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 11:29 am    Post subject: Greek Islands Reply with quote

Im going to be in Mikonos and Santorini in July of this year. Are there places to rent good equipment? What are the conditions like? Are there other nearby islands that should not be missed? One limiting factor is that I dont want to be in a very remote location.
cgoc

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 9:35 am    Post subject: RE: Greek Islands Reply with quote

John Newman here @ The Bingen School Inn in the Gorge. I Island hopped quite a few different centers a couple years ago, you chould definetly check out Paros (look for Theo @ the Fanatic center on Golden Beach) and Naxos, not much Im aware of on Santorini, but if you all the way down to Rodos or Kos there are excellent centers there also.
colossus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 3:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Greek Islands Reply with quote

I sailed while visiting the islands of Rhodes and Naxos in late August two years ago. I also checked out Santorini and were no rentals on that island (I would be surprised in much has changed as there are hardly any beaches). Naxo and Paros are a short distance apart and share the same wind - conditions should be excellent in July (but crowded, reserve your favorite equipment in advance if your schedule permits).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: