myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
sunburned fingers - has this happened to anyone else?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mail1000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me on Friday at Third - no blisters just lobster red. I forgot to put sunscreen on the top of my hands before I went out as I normally do. Getting sunburn on the top of your hands is pretty common during the Summer months at Third -- dont forget the sun was at its highest point of the year over the weekend. Also, don't forget that the reflection from the water, as well as the reflection from the monofilm of your sail is focusing any reflective light, due to the sail curvature, right on your hands and face.

Just make sure you apply the sunscreen to exposed areas and dont get any sunscreen on your booms or you will be in for a world of forearm hurt until you wipe if off with soap and water Cool
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might well get a rash from chemical exposure, but there is no chance that happened on the Bay. We have a pretty good inventory, and business plans, for all those who use chemicals. Spills, with the exception of jetfuel to the groundwater, are very rare. By the time it gets to the Bay the dilution is almost impossible to conceive. That's not your pathway.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poison oak. Its going off all over right now. Dogs are great transmitters too.
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of photosensitive toxins, these also occur naturally. I know of one common plant, cow parsnip, but I bet there are others that causes a rash, but only after that skin has been exposed to the sun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: