myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatchery RV parking shaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
Some people go to the Hatch to have fun sailing, and apparently some go there to have something to bitch about before and after they sail.

Don't forget the guy who whined about having to pay to park there despite being reminded that the fees pay for the bathrooms. His serious response was, "You should be able to hold it all day."

The equally serious response to that was, "That explains your attitude".
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People go through great efforts to enjoy the outdoors- drive from far, etc.- other people that bring the city with them and subject others to their city noises and odors (perfumes) are rude or clueless. If you want the city- stay in the city- or at least if you must bring the city to the great outdoor public spaces- stay far enough away from others that want the natural sounds and fresh air. Isn't there a plug to something outside the trailer - I was camping in an undeveloped campsite way out off the beaten track in Shasta County once and someone was ruining the beautiful nature experience- at midnight I'd had enough "tolerance" - I knocked on their door to ask them to turn it off- no answer. Knowing nothing about generators- I saw a plug thing somewhere on the outside and disconnected it. Voila! Peace and Quiet! yeah- kind of risky but I was P.O.'ed!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTOH, are you aware how much you sound like the Wilderness Society member who insisted at a public meeting with top federal government officials that he has the right to sit on any mountain top and be unable to tell that man exists? Pressed, he explained that he means no aircraft or contrails, no highways or power lines visible at any distance, no sounds of man's making, etc. He wasn't even joking, nor was the member who insisted that all mines, oil wells, etc. be moved to already-spoiled locations so rural areas could stay rural. The feds had to explain to him that a) ya gotta dig where the stuff is buried, which is not necessarily under vacant city lots and b) if you move a hole, it leaves a bigger hole.

I also gotta ask ... who arrived at that rustic camp spot first ... you or the MoHo with the generator? Did he go out of his way to camp in that rustic spot specifically to avoid bothering others? What were the posted rules, if any? What damage might you have caused by tampering with his electrical system? What if he had been some armed or simply BIG guy who saw someone tampering with his MoHo and realized there were no cops nearby to protect him? Have you ever talked in a campsite past quiet hours? And what's he supposed to do in hot weather ... stay home or lie there in the heat all night? Was he running medical equipment such as a CPAP? Are earplugs and a white noise machine, as I use instead of whining (within reason), too much to ask?
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. Mike and I agreeing again. Scarry... Cool

But he is right. If you want to get out in the wilderness to enjoy nature, you can't get there by driving. If that is your goal, you will need to hike. Hopefully in a wilderness area that doesn't allow motorized vehicles. Other than that you aren't in the wilderness. So to expect a wilderness experience when you aren't in the wilderness is kind of dumb. I also would prefer the constant drone of a generator to the "normal weekend warriors" who build a campfire on a 80 degree night and then party loudly till 3am. Personally I repay their kindness by being noisy at 8am when I get up. Earplugs go with me every where when I camp or go to a hotel...

But these talks of how to handle it bother me. Tampering (i.e. touching without permission) with another person's vehicle is a misdemeanor in most states. And I for one would have no problem calling the police and making a citizens arrest if I was the victim.

My complaint in parking lots is those who like to play their music loud enough that everybody gets to enjoy it in a 20 car radius. I guess people just assume everybody else wants to hear it. But I accept it and I try to be tollerant that everybody out there is not my clone and enjoy life differently.

BUT the solution is to get out and go sail. Cause if they are on the beach that means fewer people out on the water. And it is quieter out there.....
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're bitching, how about the people who stand upwind of anyone, let alone a whole campground or park full of people, and SMOKE ... especially a cigar?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
While we're bitching, how about the people who stand upwind of anyone, let alone a whole campground or park full of people, and SMOKE ... especially a cigar?

You can go even further up wind and fart if it makes you feel any better. Rolling Eyes

delta_stoggie.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.94 KB
 Viewed:  12520 Time(s)

delta_stoggie.JPG

dhanson928

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selfish, rude and inconsiderate.... that RV there...He shoulda parked over at the Event site and sailed up to the Hatch...
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhanson928 wrote:
Selfish, rude and inconsiderate.... that RV there...He shoulda parked over at the Event site and sailed up to the Hatch...

The inverse of the rationale....The "stereotypical" windsurfer drives a van, minivan or an SUV. My extended GMC van is just over 20 feet long. Perhaps Smart Cars at 8.5 feet should be the only "acceptable" type of vehicle, and that way twice as many kiters could sail out of the Hatch...heck they could have two per vehicle, making that four times as many kiters.
gronquist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Like!
Steve Martin stated it best, (nonstop laughing at this joke as a 5th grader, listening to it on vinyl):
-"So I'm on an airplane the other day (1970's fyi) and this fellow sits down next to me and says, 'Excuse me, do you mind if I smoke?', and I said, 'No, do you mind if I FART!!?'"
gronquist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.actionmobil.com/en/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: